Dumb question* please read & help though

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

violetrain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be applying to A.T Still University Au.D program and I am a California State resident. Is this program accredited in my state?
On their website they state that I do not have to fill out the CAPCSD application, whereas to most programs here in California I must (san diego state)

What is the difference between going through CAPCSD vs. not?

Also A.T Still states rolling admissions, when will I be able to apply (soonest) ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to A.T Still University Au.D program and I am a California State resident. Is this program accredited in my state?
On their website they state that I do not have to fill out the CAPCSD application, whereas to most programs here in California I must (san diego state)

What is the difference between going through CAPCSD vs. not?

Also A.T Still states rolling admissions, when will I be able to apply (soonest) ?

There is no difference between CAPCSD and other application processes. It just depends on which schools you are planning to apply to and whether or not they use the CAPCSD system. Not all schools use the central application system and you may have to complete individual application requirements for some locations. Also, your question about accredited is simple. ATSU is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech- Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. This school's degree can be used to practice in California.

With rolling admissions, you can apply anytime. If you submitted an application right now, they would assume that you are applying for entry during the 2016-2017 school year, as the 2015-2016 entering class has already been accepted.

Please keep in mind that there are not very many people who actively use this forum, so if you have an urgent question, seek out help from your local university's Speech and Hearing department for guidance. Also, you can find answers to a lot of your questions by doing simple research on google and the ASHA website.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no difference between CAPCSD and other application processes. It just depends on which schools you are planning to apply to and whether or not they use the CAPCSD system. Not all schools use the central application system and you may have to complete individual application requirements for some locations. Also, your question about accredited is simple. ATSU is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech- Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. This school's degree can be used to practice in California.

With rolling admissions, you can apply anytime. If you submitted an application right now, they would assume that you are applying for entry during the 2016-2017 school year, as the 2015-2016 entering class has already been accepted.

Please keep in mind that there are not very many people who actively use this forum, so if you have an urgent question, seek out help from your local university's Speech and Hearing department for guidance. Also, you can find answers to a lot of your questions by doing simple research on google and the ASHA website.

Thank you so so much!
I highly appreciate your reply!

I am an incoming 4th year audiology student at A. T. Still University and a California resident as well. ATSU does not use CAPCSD system, but the admissions office will work meticulously with you to ensure that your whole application package is submitted. ATSU is accredited and lstactionxero00 stated. In other words, all 4 year students are qualified to apply for RPE temporary license when they do their externships here in California and become a fully licensed audiologist thereafter. If you have any further questions, either reply back on here or PM me.