dunzo - 5/29

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ghettob1aster

Ninja
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Used destroyer, mcmurray's ochem text, and kaplan blue book for a little under two weeks, probably accumulated a solid 60 hours of studying.

Read through kaplan bio 2 times, went back over the physio that was new to me a few more times. Their chem and ochem didn't really help beyond bringing back the gen chem equations.

Did all problems out of destroyer twice except for chem and QR. Definitely helped with bio and ochem.

Can't really say I did anything for math, reading, or PA.

PA 23
QR 18
RC 20
Bio 24
Chem 24
Ochem 22
TS 23
AA 22

I felt my reading was pretty weak while I was taking the test, so I would recommend knowing how to read. :thumbup:

I was 5 questions too slow on math, so definitely try to sprint through that. Can't stress that enough.

Math and ochem have always been my best subjects out of the academic sections. Bio is solely responsible for lowering my science GPA. Go figure.

Members don't see this ad.

hey congrats great scores!

i just finished with mcmurry for my orgo class..were there things on the test not in mcmurry or kaplan??because your orgo score was lower than your other science sections and i would think it would be the opposite?

awesome scores! i would be ecstatic! i'm taking mine in a couple of days and am kind of freaking out. thanks for the advice...it helps a lot.

Dude awesome scores, not sure why people have not been commenting on this post. Any insightful info to share? and Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great Job..your scores should be a role model for many on this forum including myself. I retake on the 7th of July. How did you study for bio?

good job. What is your gpa?
Don't expect to get much info of how to study from the OP though, he/she has a good memory from past classes.

Would you say most of the sciences were concept questions except the gen Chem which has a few calculation questions?
thanks

Are you kidding? U only spent 60 hrs and got a such great score!!!!!!!!!!:eek: But anyway, congra!!! U finish it.

Dude awesome scores, not sure why people have not been commenting on this post. Any insightful info to share?

My main things:
-We definitely overhype the exam on this board.
-I think reading pubmed lab reports would give you a lot of reading practice. Obviously, it would need to be far in advance to have any effect.
-Remember that you don't have any time in the math section.

How did you study for bio?
Read through kaplan bio 2 times. Worked through destroyer bio 2 times. Went back and focused on the physio that was giving me trouble. Eco and the basic bio came pretty easily though.
What is your gpa?
3.85 overall, 3.8 science. Finance major though, so take that for what it's worth.
Would you say most of the sciences were concept questions except the gen Chem which has a few calculation questions?
Even gen chem was conceptual at times. There were no ridiculous calculations, if it was going to be hard to compute they just set up the answer algebraically like in the study materials.
But yeah, overall, I think science was pretty conceptual. Bio has random facts you just have to know (kaplan covered them). I've seen you post in the ochem threads and it seems like you know your stuff.