DUQUESNE Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lala83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard back from Duquesne's Post-Bacc Program! Does anyone else know that they're going there yet?

Members don't see this ad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi

I recently decided to apply for post-bac programs and was wondering when you began applying and what are the chances of me being accepted if I apply to those progs whose deadlines are july 1-15 ( I know that doesnt give me much time but if there is a chance Id like to still apply)

any help would be appreciated.. thanks!

i believe duquesne's deadline is july 1

hey bhavna,
i applied to 7 programs, and duquesne is the only school i've heard back from so far (because they didn't need to wait for my GRE scores to come in like the other schools). on their website it says that the deadline was april 30, so double check about the july 1 deadline. duquesne let me know that they wanted to interview me a couple of weeks after i sent in my application. of the schools i applied to, i think the ones that are still taking applications are boston univ, georgetown, virginia commonwealth, and maybe ny medical college.

i started applying to programs in march, but most of my applications have been considered complete only this week because of my GRE scores, so you're not really behind at all. all the people who took the MCAT in april just got their scores too, so i think postbacc programs are getting in a lot of applications right now.

i hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. i would've loved to have had somebody to ask questions to when i was doing this!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks so much for the info!

My stats are really bad but Im trying to see what optioins there are in order for me to be able to pursue dentistry in the future and I think a post-bac program would be the best solution but those dont seem to be as easy as I thought to get into either...Ive taken the DAT... what do you think I should do? take a year off and work or definitely apply to some post bac's whose deadlines havent passsed in the next week.

i would suggest not applying to some of the more competitive programs (like georgetown), but maybe apply to some of the smaller schools. check out this very thorough website:

http://hpap.syr.edu/LISTPB.HTM (scroll down to those who need to improve their credentials)

i think that if your GPA is low, it's in your best interest to do a post-bacc program if possible...getting more work experience isn't going to help that much b/c they need to see that you can prove yourself academically. worst comes to worst and you miss these deadlines or don't get in, apply for the spring semester to these schools (they may have a lower number of applicants then).

i don't know much about dentistry because i'm pre-med, but i've recently been thinking about applying to dental schools instead now. i know it's a bit late to consider all of this, but i've got some low stats too and i'm hoping that a post-bacc program will help either way i decide. do you actually mind giving me some info on the dentistry process? like by when you have to apply and take the dats?

you're right.. duquene's deadline was April 30.

I'll be heading there this coming fall. Lookin forward to seeing you all there...

Anyone figure out their living situation yet? if so, what resources did you use?

i haven't figured out housing yet, mainly because i'm still waiting to hear back from the other schools. hopefully within the next week or two i'll know for sure. i don't have any resources other than the housing guide duquesne mailed us. i'll be in touch with you when i make my final decision! good luck apartment hunting in the meantime.