Duquesne Post-Bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

911Med

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed here? Know anything about the program? I've read through the information - would like to get an insider's thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to the Duq pos-bacc, on the application it asks if you want to be considered for the post bacc and another program...I think its something like NHNM? what is that?

I was accepted to Duquesne last week. I also applied to LECOM's post bacc program. Duquene has a linkeage program with LECOM, so if I get accepted at LECOM, post-bacc too, I am not sure which route would be better...probably LECOM since it is actually at the med school and seems to have a very good track record. Anyway, their program seemed great, and the linkeage allows you to skip the lag year. I would like to hear more info about Duquesne as well if anybody has gone through their program successfully. There seems to be very little first-hand knowledge about Duquesne's linkeage program, and that makes me a little bit apprehensive also.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations medic170! I hope you get into LECOM's program! I think you're right about going to LECOM's program.. it would be a great way for the school to get to know you. Again, congratulations!

I was just about to reply to the FAQ, until I seen these threads about Duquesne. I just became accepted to Duquesne several weeks ago. I also wanted to know if anyone have participated in the program (especially if you have completed your science requirements before the program) to let me know whether the program is very helpful or not.

What's the average GPA/MCAT for post-bacc at Duq? Anyone know?

wannabedoc34 said:
What's the average GPA/MCAT for post-bacc at Duq? Anyone know?

They don't publish that info. When I interviewed, they said they like to see gpa above 3.0 and "competitive" MCAT or GRE. I think they also said that you need an MCAT of at least 25 to be considered for linkage to LECOM, but don't quote me on that number.

medic170 said:
They don't publish that info. When I interviewed, they said they like to see gpa above 3.0 and "competitive" MCAT or GRE. I think they also said that you need an MCAT of at least 25 to be considered for linkage to LECOM, but don't quote me on that number.

3.0 - overall or science?

Does anyone know the sucess rate of students matriculating into allopathic schools after doing Duq's postbac program?

Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has anything new to share. I'm thinking about applying next year. N1DERL&? medic170? lilsoljah?
Thanks!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Icarus said:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This in no way advances the thread but you have committed one of my biggest pet peeves, which is misquoting Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ben Stein only has 2 scenes in the movie, and you have combined elements of both scenes.

Scene 1 (during roll call): Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Scene 2 (during class): In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

If you look carefully, I did not quote the movie; I merely paraphrased. But thanks for the info anyway.

I know it was a while ago, but do you have any helpful hints for the interview? Mine's coming up April 2 and I'm nervous ! Do you remember any questions or have any hints on preparation? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!