Duquesne University DPT

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by PREMEDWOAHS, Dec 30, 2008.

1. PREMEDWOAHS

PREMEDWOAHS dare to dream
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Any word on the competitiveness of this school and any other information someone could provide me would be real nice :)

2. Akiramay

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Hm, haven't heard anything about it, sorry. Wow, they require a lot of observation hours. O.O It's weird that they don't have any stats like how many people they accept or stuff like that.

3. callmecrazy

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    1. Their cost (IMO) is outrageous: You would be paying $868/credit, in addition to a yearly $2k+ "university fee". The tuition alone would put you well over $100k.
    2. If you already have a lot of pt experience it may not be an issue, but they do require a minimum of 250 hours, which is a lot.
    3. I believe that they don't list stats about acceptance because a lot of their students are accepted there as freshmen. If you are accepted as a freshman, you can graduate with 2 BS and a DPT after six years. They also have/had a 3+3 program set up with at least one neighboring school (ie. 3 years of undergrad at said school, then three years DPT at Duq.). Both of these admission paths are filling up the seats there. In fact, admission to their PA program is run similarly, and it was entirely full before accepting ANY outside applications.
    4. #2 ranked Pitt is maybe a mile up the street.

4. PREMEDWOAHS

PREMEDWOAHS dare to dream
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Yeah, its actually $960 per credit I think. If I read correctly - comes out to over 120K for all 3 years.