DUR Reject 88

Started by Muse600
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Muse600

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've never been formally taught what these are...but when I get them, this is what I do:

-if I don't know the interaction I double check on F&C, evaluate the significance, and either override it to get a paid claim & counsel the pt if necessary, and/or call the MD before overriding it (although sometimes it's just a dose/days supply limit that was entered incorrectly)

to override it, I just the the (letter-letter...as found on the rejection), P0, 1B, and it works everytime

is there anything else to know?
 
What about another pharmacist who is familiar with the system?

I usually ask one who is older and has been working longer.
 
I've never been formally taught what these are...but when I get them, this is what I do:

-if I don't know the interaction I double check on F&C, evaluate the significance, and either override it to get a paid claim & counsel the pt if necessary, and/or call the MD before overriding it (although sometimes it's just a dose/days supply limit that was entered incorrectly)

to override it, I just the the (letter-letter...as found on the rejection), P0, 1B, and it works everytime

is there anything else to know?

DOCUMENT! For the purposes of an audit or ADE. Otherwise what you are doing is perfect!