during an interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dackmonkey

i guess i'm floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would you guys think it would be more important to be yourself or to try to sound intelligent? i'm leaning towards the former, but i just want to hear what others have to say. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Well ideally, "yourself" should already be intelligent... :D

You don't want to go in there sounding like some pompous windbag. Vapor is right, hopefully you sound intelligent when you are acting like yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys, but all i really meant to ask was whether i should go in relaxed and be natural or make a greater effort than usual to sounds more eloquent or intelligent. i didn't mean it as though i was gonna pretend do be some pretentious know-it-all douchebag haha.

but yeah, ill go in and be myself, not try to embellish any qualities or anything of the sort.

would you guys think it would be more important to be yourself or to try to sound intelligent? i'm leaning towards the former, but i just want to hear what others have to say. thanks.

As was said earlier, be yourself. Also, you should sound confident without being arrogant. Be respectful and courteous. Take a moment to think a second before any words come out of your mouth.

i would think before I say something and not rush to answer.
try not to use words such as: like, um, yea. neither would i use my hands too frequently
Be confident and proud of what you have done thus far.
best,
dan