DV Diversion Pre-Pharmacy Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will pharmacy school still let you in after seeing DV diversion on record?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Minh Huynh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a bit embarrassing for me, but I had a domestic violence case at one point. I completed the diversion program successfully so it will show up as dismissed. I've been accepted in to pharmacy school, however, I'm concerned that this will come up in the background check and my acceptance may be withdrawn.

Does anyone know how pharmacy schools will handle this type of situation? Will they still let me in?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a bit embarrassing for me, but I had a domestic violence case at one point. I completed the diversion program successfully so it will show up as dismissed. I've been accepted in to pharmacy school, however, I'm concerned that this will come up in the background check and my acceptance may be withdrawn.

I think the DV might have a good chance to show up on your background check as you already said it yourself. You could order a criminal background check for your own personal use to see for yourself.

Does anyone know how pharmacy schools will handle this type of situation? Will they still let me in?

You should have already talked to an attorney before applying imho. At this point you might just ask the school which accepted you what they are going to do regarding this situation.