DWI in TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

techiePT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yah stupid thing...I am taking the boards end of April in TX. I already sent in my application to take the boards.

Do I need to email them and let them know about it? Or do I wait until after my court date which is end of March. Plenty of time to notify if I get convicted. It is a misdemeanor so I'm hoping it's not too bad. Is this going to prevent me from taking boards? I am sick about this and hoping you can give me some advice.

Once last thing...also go into a residency out of state. Start in August. Will they not take me now? I have not done any paperwork for this yet. Just found out last week. Never had any other issues...ever. Going to get lawyer, just wondering what everyone thinks. I have lots of loans and am scared to death.

Members don't see this ad.

Yah stupid thing...I am taking the boards end of April in TX. I already sent in my application to take the boards.

Do I need to email them and let them know about it? Or do I wait until after my court date which is end of March. Plenty of time to notify if I get convicted. It is a misdemeanor so I'm hoping it's not too bad. Is this going to prevent me from taking boards? I am sick about this and hoping you can give me some advice.

Once last thing...also go into a residency out of state. Start in August. Will they not take me now? I have not done any paperwork for this yet. Just found out last week. Never had any other issues...ever. Going to get lawyer, just wondering what everyone thinks. I have lots of loans and am scared to death.
I don't know anything about Texas but I remember recently seeing a post on here about a DWI in I think NY, try searching for it? I remember the post having a happy ending. Good luck friend, I hope it works out