D'Youville College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaug15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to D'youville's DPT program for fall 2012 entry? If so or if theyre are any current students that could give some insight on the program it would be much appreciated thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i applied there as well. I applied there cause they don't require the gre. There still waiting on my transcripts from this semester.

I just spoke to admissions yesterday and they said that they should be making all decisions by february. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
The results has been made mid January, and I am attending for Fall 2012! anyone else who got the results and attending?:):thumbup:

I received my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail however I will be attending another program closer to my home, Good luck!

hey those of you that have applied or have gotten accepted, would you mind telling us about the process since they are not on ptcas. Did you need references? when did you apply and find out? how was the interview? what are your stats?

I plan on applying next term and just wanted to know where I stand and what I need to do to get in.

Thanks and congrats to those that got in!

Dyouville college is one of the schools that is not through ptcas. The application process for them was rather easy. I started by filling out theyre online application since there is no fee as apossed to doing it by hand which requires a fee.Their deadline was November 30th even though I had my stuff sent in way before that. All you needed was 2 references, essay, resume, documented volunteer hours, and transcripts from all universities attended. They do not require the GRE so dont bother with sending that for dyouville. From what I hear it is a good program and not too many people know about it since it is not through ptcas. Good luck! and try to apply early if possible.

Last edited:
Hey, for those of you who got accepted, did you receive an email before receiving a letter?

Hey, for those of you who got accepted, did you receive an email before receiving a letter?

No I just received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday

Congrats on the acceptance letter...I hope i get in...if you dont mind can you tell us your stats...

Sure

College: University of Rhode Island
Major: Kinesiology/Exercise Science
GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req-: 3.3-3.5 depending on the school

2000 + observation hours (outpatient, inpatient, skilled nursing home, peds)

Does anyone know how the process goes for D'Youville...do they send out all the acceptance/denial letters at once? I have heard that people have received acceptance letters...if I didnt receive one yet does that mean I was not accepted???

your best bet is to just call the school and ask about the status of your application

Members don't see this ad :)
I also just received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. No email before receiving the letter in the mail. I am not accepting admissions, though. Hopefully that frees up a spot for someone else! good luck to everyone

I also just received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. No email before receiving the letter in the mail. I am not accepting admissions, though. Hopefully that frees up a spot for someone else! good luck to everyone

AHH this is making me nervous...I am going to call tomorrow and ask them... if you dont mind can you tell us your stats (GPA,and undergrad degree) did you finish all your prereqs?...

Congrats on getting accepted!!

:) has anyone else heard from D'Youville (accepted or denied)????

I just found out TODAY I have been wait listed :eek:....hope I get in :) :xf:

I was accepted and then withdrew because I will be attending another program. Hopefully my spot will free up for ya. Good luck!

I am a current student at DYC (graduating pretty soon actually) and the program is awesome. The professors are experts in their fields. If there are any questions feel free.

I have a few of questions about the application.

On the Admissions Requirements page http://www.dyc.edu/academics/pt/graduate/admissions.aspx it says:

Candidates must submit:

• Evidence of completion of 60 or more hours of work with a vulnerable population (e.g. children, individuals who are socio/economically disadvantaged, clinical populations, individuals with disabilities)
  • Two letters of recommendation addressing leadership potential and the ability to work with others.

Is that "evidence of completion..." portion just any volunteer work, NOT physical therapy related? I don't see anything in the admission requirement page about volunteer work in a rehab setting so I'm confused if this is it or if they care more about just any volunteer work within a vulnerable population than they do about volunteer work within a rehab setting.

and

Who should the two letters of recommendation come from? It seems coworkers might be the ones to do the LOR, they can can talk about my ability to work with others but I don't know who I would go to to address my leadership potential. As a Physical Therapist Assistant and student I can't recall any leadership roles that I've had. The last thing I can recall as a leadership role is my job as a mentor for elementary school children that I had about 14 years ago and I certainly can not get in touch with any of those students as I have been out of contact since I had the job 14 years ago. I guess my rehab coworker can talk about how I led group treatments with patients.

And the last question. I'm filling out the application and in the "basic" section of the application there is a part that is titled: "Current Enrollment Information" with columns for "Course", "College/University", "Credit Hours" and "Completion Date" but there are only 7 rows to enter information so I am not sure what this section is for. I thought maybe it might be for prerequisites but there are more than 7 prerequisites that the school requires plus why would they title it "Current Enrollment Information", what does that even mean? Within the section it is written: "Don't forget to request transcripts from every college or university you attended including those where you only attended briefly. Please forward all official transcripts to the graduate admissions office." but there is only 7 rows meaning you can only list 7 courses and there's no link to add more courses if this were in fact the portion of the application like PTCAS where you enter all your courses. So for anyone that has filled out this application or is filling it out can you tell me what that section is for?

I'll call the school to ask tomorrow as I have missed their normal business hours today.

I got an acceptance letter from D'Youville College on Christmas!!! :) First acceptance letter. Still waiting to hear back from about 14 other schools.

Not sure if this school has a waiting list but I just sent an email to the school letting them know that I will not be attending because I have been accepted to another school (Dominican College - I did not mention the school) that works better for me. So this will open up a spot for someone.

Dyouville college is one of the schools that is not through ptcas. The application process for them was rather easy. I started by filling out theyre online application since there is no fee as apossed to doing it by hand which requires a fee.Their deadline was November 30th even though I had my stuff sent in way before that. All you needed was 2 references, essay, resume, documented volunteer hours, and transcripts from all universities attended. They do not require the GRE so dont bother with sending that for dyouville. From what I hear it is a good program and not too many people know about it since it is not through ptcas. Good luck! and try to apply early if possible.
Was the essay for the DPT program, because this year I do not see an essay prompt on their website?
Thanks

I am a current student at DYC (graduating pretty soon actually) and the program is awesome. The professors are experts in their fields. If there are any questions feel free.
Hi,
I was wondering if you tell me how much tuition would be of an out of state US resident? Also how is campus life?
Thank you and good luck on your boards :)

Not sure if this school has a waiting list but I just sent an email to the school letting them know that I will not be attending because I have been accepted to another school (Dominican College - I did not mention the school) that works better for me. So this will open up a spot for someone.
Hi
Do you mind telling me your stats?
Thanks

Hello everyone ,
I have tried to find latest thread for D'youville dpt program , but failed to find one . I was just curious of anyone has applied for 2015 cycle and heard for them . I applied in October but still haven't heard so getting nervous . Any feedback will be very helpful . Thank you :)

Hello everyone ,
I have tried to find latest thread for D'youville dpt program , but failed to find one . I was just curious of anyone has applied for 2015 cycle and heard for them . I applied in October but still haven't heard so getting nervous . Any feedback will be very helpful . Thank you :)

Hi rmp! I got in but I can't seem to find a page either...thinking of just making my own :)