Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrightLight

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was an order for Ortho Cyclen dosed as followed: one tab TID x 1 day, one tab BID x 1 day, then one tab QD. When I called for clarification, the nurse said it was dosed for uterine bleeding. OC's can be used for dysfunctional uterine bleeding, but I failed to find a reference for the encountered dosing regimen. Has anyone see such a regimen for DUB?
 
There was an order for Ortho Cyclen dosed as followed: one tab TID x 1 day, one tab BID x 1 day, then one tab QD. When I called for clarification, the nurse said it was dosed for uterine bleeding. OC's can be used for dysfunctional uterine bleeding, but I failed to find a reference for the encountered dosing regimen. Has anyone see such a regimen for DUB?

Yes, I have seen several variations of the regimen. I have listed the links to some references below.Not sure if you can get access to these articles. If you can't let me know and PM me your email address and i can send you the article and the uptodate summary/reference as well.

Rimsza ME. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Pediatr Rev 2002; 23:227.

De Silva NK,Zurawin RK. Management of abnormal uterine bleeding in adolescents. In: UpToDate, Middleman AB, Kirkland JL (Ed), UpToDate, Waltham, MA, 2013.
http://www.uptodate.com/contents/ma...leeding+in+adolescentsate&selectedTitle=3~150
 
Last edited: