E-Books

Started by SnowyDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SnowyDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what is everyone's thoughts on getting some of the "less important" books as e-books opposed to hard back and books that you will probably end up keeping, such as anatomy and physiology?
 
I think it depends on the person, some people do well with ebooks, others like having the physical book...I have a some traditional books and some ebooks but recently I have been getting the ebook versions because they're 1. usually a little cheaper 2. super convenient because I can store them all on my computer at once 3. search function makes finding information super easy.
 
I prefer traditional books for the ones that I know I'll be using a lot or keeping in the future. For the "less important" books I'll use ebooks sometimes, but I have a hard time really digesting the info from ebooks. Ebooks are great for when you just need to look things up, though. Just my preference.

Also remember that you won't actually need all of the books that are listed for you, so definitely talk to some current students to find out which books you'll actually need before you go buy them.