E-mail from Mercer Univ.....

Started by PharmLMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmLMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got an e-mail a couple of days ago saying my Mercer application was complete. I wrote them back asking how long before I would hear back from them on anything, expecting them to say much later than they did. When she wrote me back she said I got in with the first applicant pool and I would hear back within 10 days?!

Does this mean I will know if I got an interview at all in the next 10 days or does this mean that I "could" know that I got denied entry within the next 10 days? Sorry new to this process.
 
Oooh I'm not sure...but keep us posted because I am going to apply to Mercer next year too. 🙂
 
Oooh I'm not sure...but keep us posted because I am going to apply to Mercer next year too. 🙂

When are you submitting your PharmCAS? You are applying for Fall 08'?

Yeah I will definitely keep you posted and I am definitely excited to hear back from them. Heck, I'll be happy if they just tell me they are interested but they'd like to see me bring a particular score or grade up, because then it will DEFINITELY get done. My PCAT was an 82 composite, but the verbal was what drug it down, my chem/reading/math was an 87, which isn't bad.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No 🙁 I am actually applying next year for 2009 entry. I wish I was as close as you! I am actually just starting back for my prereqs (Sci and Math) this semester because I have a business degree. I am working full time and taking Calculus and Gen Chem I with Lab this fall - assuming I can get in the classes. Am I going to die? 😉
 
No 🙁 I am actually applying next year for 2009 entry. I wish I was as close as you! I am actually just starting back for my prereqs (Sci and Math) this semester because I have a business degree. I am working full time and taking Calculus and Gen Chem I with Lab this fall - assuming I can get in the classes. Am I going to die? 😉

Nah, both classes are super easy if you are a science person. I AP'd out of calculus in high school and gen. chem. 1 is very very basic.
 
Oh phew...everyone is freaking me out saying that is too much! But honestly, unless I take ONE class a semester and take 4 years to do 9 prereqs then I'm going to have to take 2 a semester! It's going to get worse then that for sure...once there are 2 science classes with labs. But at least they are more interesting than Calculus!

Did you do undergrad/prereqs in GA?
 
Oh phew...everyone is freaking me out saying that is too much! But honestly, unless I take ONE class a semester and take 4 years to do 9 prereqs then I'm going to have to take 2 a semester! It's going to get worse then that for sure...once there are 2 science classes with labs. But at least they are more interesting than Calculus!

Did you do undergrad/prereqs in GA?

No, I will have my BS in Chemistry in spring from Florida State
 
I'm considering applying to Mercer as well, although I won't submit my application until early September.

Good luck to you.
 
to us who have applied to mercer, i need your advice. you know that section where we are supposed to list other pharm schools we will apply to? should i list all 12 schools i plan to apply? i feel like i would offend mercer in some way if i say that i will apply to so many schools. what do you think?