E-mail from Mercer Univ.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an e-mail a couple of days ago saying my Mercer application was complete. I wrote them back asking how long before I would hear back from them on anything, expecting them to say much later than they did. When she wrote me back she said I got in with the first applicant pool and I would hear back within 10 days?!

Does this mean I will know if I got an interview at all in the next 10 days or does this mean that I "could" know that I got denied entry within the next 10 days? Sorry new to this process.

Members don't see this ad.

Oooh I'm not sure...but keep us posted because I am going to apply to Mercer next year too. :)

Oooh I'm not sure...but keep us posted because I am going to apply to Mercer next year too. :)

When are you submitting your PharmCAS? You are applying for Fall 08'?

Yeah I will definitely keep you posted and I am definitely excited to hear back from them. Heck, I'll be happy if they just tell me they are interested but they'd like to see me bring a particular score or grade up, because then it will DEFINITELY get done. My PCAT was an 82 composite, but the verbal was what drug it down, my chem/reading/math was an 87, which isn't bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No :( I am actually applying next year for 2009 entry. I wish I was as close as you! I am actually just starting back for my prereqs (Sci and Math) this semester because I have a business degree. I am working full time and taking Calculus and Gen Chem I with Lab this fall - assuming I can get in the classes. Am I going to die? ;)

No :( I am actually applying next year for 2009 entry. I wish I was as close as you! I am actually just starting back for my prereqs (Sci and Math) this semester because I have a business degree. I am working full time and taking Calculus and Gen Chem I with Lab this fall - assuming I can get in the classes. Am I going to die? ;)

Nah, both classes are super easy if you are a science person. I AP'd out of calculus in high school and gen. chem. 1 is very very basic.

Oh phew...everyone is freaking me out saying that is too much! But honestly, unless I take ONE class a semester and take 4 years to do 9 prereqs then I'm going to have to take 2 a semester! It's going to get worse then that for sure...once there are 2 science classes with labs. But at least they are more interesting than Calculus!

Did you do undergrad/prereqs in GA?

Oh phew...everyone is freaking me out saying that is too much! But honestly, unless I take ONE class a semester and take 4 years to do 9 prereqs then I'm going to have to take 2 a semester! It's going to get worse then that for sure...once there are 2 science classes with labs. But at least they are more interesting than Calculus!

Did you do undergrad/prereqs in GA?

No, I will have my BS in Chemistry in spring from Florida State

I'm considering applying to Mercer as well, although I won't submit my application until early September.

Good luck to you.

to us who have applied to mercer, i need your advice. you know that section where we are supposed to list other pharm schools we will apply to? should i list all 12 schools i plan to apply? i feel like i would offend mercer in some way if i say that i will apply to so many schools. what do you think?