• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

nylee

Corean Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hello aspiring E-med physicians! As a lowly MSIII, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for e-med texts or handbooks I could use during my clerkship. There are too many books that are available out there and I want to choose 1 or 2 that will help me most. So far, I've considered First Aid--Emergency Medicine.

Please leave your insights!

pinbor1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Kansas City, MO
globalhealthhacks.wordpress.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you are interested in doing EM as a potential career, I would recommend getting the pocket tintanelli or Just the Facts in EM. These are to great books to read up on your patients before you present. They may be a little to much to read if you are trying to pass a written exam. Another good book is something along the lines of "The Approach to Clinical Emergency Medicine" I don't remember the exact name but there is a new edition out this year. It gives you a good idea of the approach to working up specific chief complaints i.e. syncope, SOB, CP, abd pain, etc. Good luck

About the Ads

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
As I have stated in other posts, I believe the "Top 30 Problems in EM" by EMRA is one of the highest yield pocketbooks in the universe of EM.

Now, 51 minutes after my 12 hour night shift, I leave SDN to play Unreal Tournament.

Q, DO

beyond all hope

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Just enough information to be a textbook, but not too much you can't read it during a rotation. Also cheap (25$). Other possibilities are First Aid for Emergency Medicine.

Also a pocketbook such as EM Intern's Guide. You need at least one problem-based, rather than disease-based, text. Pts in EM present with problems that have almost uniform workups and the sooner you learn them, the better.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.