E-submit early or wait a bit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyLights

Space Monkey
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pondering if I should E-submit on the day PharmCAS opens because according to PharmCAS

"PharmCAS will begin to forward complete applications to pharmacy schools by August of 2007"

I will be printing out transcript request form to request transcripts and send it out to my schools on June 1st, and I know that it will take 4-6 weeks to process the transcripts.

Until then, i'm questioning if I should submit it early or wait for the fee waiver to clear through, then E-submit because once you E-submit you can't qualify for the Fee Waiver. But is there any point in submiting this early since we have to wait for the transcript and for them to check everything. Second, they said that they will begin to foward complete application by august. Any thought?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a statement that hasn't been updated. It should say "August of 2008". That's generally the month PharmCAS starts forwarding the applications out. Many schools do still have a first-come first-serve basis resulting in completed applications submitted in June being reviewed first. In my opinion though, submitting in August probably won't break your application unless you have sub-average stats and/or you want to get into rolling admission schools.

For your case though, you are correct that many schools wouldn't review your application anyway until your transcripts are verified. It's just a matter of where your application would be in line once your application is complete. I've heard different policies from different schools.

If the fee waiver is that important to you, then I don't think waiting a while will break your application. The ideal time to e-submit is before the school year starts. Just get as close to that goal as possible.