e-submit now or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently took the July 20 PCAT and didn't do so well. I am applying to UoP, Pacific Oregon, Creighton and Hilo, in order of preference respectively. I think my only real chance at UoP is to make August 1st, tier 1 (w/ no bachelors degree planned).

My concern is that by submitting early for UoP, i am also increasing my chances of getting rejected by Hilo and Creighton because of my PCAT score. I am planning to retake in September. In my PharmCAS app, under the Test section, can i put "Pcat planned in September"; will Hilo and Creighton wait on making their decision until my September PCAT is scored?

By putting 'Pcat planned in September' in my PharmCAS, will Creighton and Hilo see/assume that i am planning a retake?

Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

^ sorry forgot to add this (thus the title of the thread)

If the above is not possible, when would be a good time to e-submit for Creighton and Hilo to see my September PCAT score?

I understand by submitting later, my UoP chances are decreased.

You can e-submit with UoP only. You can add on and pay for the additional schools at a later time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to thread-jack but I have a similar question. If I plan to retake the PCAT in sept but I have already submitted my application (because I wanted to get it in asap) should I contact the schools directly to let them know? Or will they just base their decision on my initial score only? I did not indicate on my application that I was going to retake the test.

Sorry to thread-jack but I have a similar question. If I plan to retake the PCAT in sept but I have already submitted my application (because I wanted to get it in asap) should I contact the schools directly to let them know? Or will they just base their decision on my initial score only? I did not indicate on my application that I was going to retake the test.

Me too!

Hi everyone,

So i emailed Hilo and Creighton, & Hilo replied back with this response:

"We are honored and pleased to hear about your interest in the University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy. Our Admissions Committee will officially review your application once it is complete (including PharmCas Application, Supplemental Application, 2 Professional Letters of Recommendation, & PCAT scores). If your July 2011 scores are included in your PharmCAS application, you may have a complete application before your September scores are received (assuming all other documents are received). Since our Admissions Committee operates on a rolling admissions process, applications are constantly being reviewed, especially when new information is received. In other words, ultimately, your highest PCAT score will be considered, whether it is your July or September scores. If you are a first time applicant, please be aware that on average, PharmCAS takes up to 4-6 weeks to process an application and transfer it to the respective institutions. We also typically receive PCAT scores one month after an applicant completes the exam. The average composite PCAT score of accepted students is 66. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Sorry for the long email but it was just to get the exact words from them. Overall, if the PharmCAS app is complete, they'll check it if it's not completed early. After the PCAT is taken in september, information will be updated and admissions will re-check your app again and consider you if the seats haven't filled yet. Which will probably be in October or early November, which i hope is still a good chance to receiving an interview...

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks mineok! I feel a little better that they will review information as it comes in. Since many schools are on rolling admissions I wanted to make sure everything was in early! BTW- i applied to Hilo as well

Thanks mineok! I feel a little better that they will review information as it comes in. Since many schools are on rolling admissions I wanted to make sure everything was in early! BTW- i applied to Hilo as well

Who is that in your avatar? We have another poster who has a picture of the same woman and now I feel stupid because I always thought it was a picture of the poster.

Edit: Sorry if this derails your thread! Not my intention.

Who is that in your avatar? We have another poster who has a picture of the same woman and now I feel stupid because I always thought it was a picture of the poster.

Edit: Sorry if this derails your thread! Not my intention.

Thats Angelina Joli lol look at the lips :)

If you are applying to Midwestern, they said you have to wait until the September score before you submit the supplementary application. Otherwise, if your file is completed, then they will just view your July score instead of Sept.