e-submit pharmcas in three weeks

Started by Rxdotcom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rxdotcom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i want to e-sibmit in about three weeks is that too early?? I want to make sure I get my applications in for the first cycle of cali schools. since the deadline is August 1st. any feedback would be helpful!
 
If you have everything done why not submit early? that way you can start worrying about supplementals. I think now its getting more competitive and everyone knows the earlier you submit, the better - so why not just submit now and not have to worry about it.
 
Kinda off topic...but what is the bare minimum to e-submit a PharmCas application? So far I have personal information, statement, classes, etc. but I am waiting for transcripts, LORs, and I am taking the PCAT this August. My top choice school has rolling admissions, so the earlier I could get my name in the "line" of applicants, the better. So can I apply with the stuff I have now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i want to e-sibmit in about three weeks is that too early?? I want to make sure I get my applications in for the first cycle of cali schools. since the deadline is August 1st. any feedback would be helpful!

Not really if you have the necessary coursework and grades. The applications don't actually reach most schools until PharmCAS forwards it in the beginning of August, but it's better to be in front of the line as possible. Competitiveness starts to simmer in September and boil by November (figuratively). Cali schools are really competitive so get in line.🙂

Kinda off topic...but what is the bare minimum to e-submit a PharmCas application? So far I have personal information, statement, classes, etc. but I am waiting for transcripts, LORs, and I am taking the PCAT this August. My top choice school has rolling admissions, so the earlier I could get my name in the "line" of applicants, the better. So can I apply with the stuff I have now?

You can e-submit if you have the required sections filled out. It's just that your schools probably won't review your application until the transcripts, LORs, and PCAT scores (if applicable). You can e-submit if the system allows you to and if you filled out all the permanent sections (PS, ecs, etc.). It takes weeks for PharmCAS to review transcripts and forward stuff so it's better to get that process going ASAP. You just have to realize that the applications is held up until those transcripts and such come into PharmCAS. You just don't want to wait until everything gets in before you e-submit.
 
Not really if you have the necessary coursework and grades. The applications don't actually reach most schools until PharmCAS forwards it in the beginning of August, but it's better to be in front of the line as possible. Competitiveness starts to simmer in September and boil by November (figuratively). Cali schools are really competitive so get in line.🙂



You can e-submit if you have the required sections filled out. It's just that your schools probably won't review your application until the transcripts, LORs, and PCAT scores (if applicable). You can e-submit if the system allows you to and if you filled out all the permanent sections (PS, ecs, etc.). It takes weeks for PharmCAS to review transcripts and forward stuff so it's better to get that process going ASAP. You just have to realize that the applications is held up until those transcripts and such come into PharmCAS. You just don't want to wait until everything gets in before you e-submit.

Do schools really not look at application without full LOR? crap ... I don't know how I'm gonna get LOR so quick. And about the PCAT score, so really for the people who take the Aug PCAT, there is really no point in submitting since they aren't gonna look until they ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT which is like another 5-6weeks which in best case is like mid october?
 
Do schools really not look at application without full LOR? crap ... I don't know how I'm gonna get LOR so quick. And about the PCAT score, so really for the people who take the Aug PCAT, there is really no point in submitting since they aren't gonna look until they ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT which is like another 5-6weeks which in best case is like mid october?

I should clarify that "look" means the review that immediately precedes an interview decision. I remember that Iowa gave me an interview request without all of my LORs, but this happened in January. So, they'll "look" at your application and note it. It's just that the critical review that determines interview or not needs most if not all of the required stuff.
 
I'd say go ahead and submit... Of course this is coming form a person who e-submitted July 1 and had his supplementals in the mail June 5th.
 
I already e-submitted my application at 5pm and Pharmcas had reviewed my 6 transcripts (299 credits) by 10:30am the following morning. For those who have a lot of transcripts like me and would like them to be reviewed in a timely fashion, I would say submit early! If you wait until August when everyone is submitting, I believe it would take longer to validate your transcripts. Now I am just waiting for my PCAT scores. Also it helps if you call your school and as ask when they start reviewing their applications especially for early decision and rolling. Mine told me that in most cases once they recieve it they look over them!
 
I already e-submitted my application at 5pm and Pharmcas had reviewed my 6 transcripts (299 credits) by 10:30am the following morning. For those who have a lot of transcripts like me and would like them to be reviewed in a timely fashion, I would say submit early! If you wait until August when everyone is submitting, I believe it would take longer to validate your transcripts. Now I am just waiting for my PCAT scores. Also it helps if you call your school and as ask when they start reviewing their applications especially for early decision and rolling. Mine told me that in most cases once they recieve it they look over them!

I agree. Apply early. I e-submitted early this time around and got all 5 transcripts and PCAT score sent by the middle of July. My GPA was calculated within 2 days and the PCAT score was received in 1 day. Last year, I e-submitted and sent the transcripts toward the end of September and it took much longer for PharmCAS to review them.

Spirala, which rolling admission schools did you apply to?