E-Submit Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayomi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello this is my first time applying to PTCAS and I will be e-submitting my application after I take my GRE next week. I am applying to 6 different schools, some of which have different deadlines. If I e-submit my application will I be able to edit information pertaining to schools that have later deadlines or will I only be able to edit during the academic update?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what you mean by "edit." As I understand it, once you e-submit you can only add transcript information during the academic updates for those schools you paid fees for. You can add additional schools after e-submit but you cannot delete a school after e-submit. I didn't wait to complete GRE before I e-submitted as I just added my unofficial scores I received right after the exam to my PTCAS app. I wouldn't wait until after completion of GRE to e-submit unless you have not completed everything else. It depends on your deadlines but earlier is better than later.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not sure what you mean by "edit." As I understand it, once you e-submit you can only add transcript information during the academic updates for those schools you paid fees for. You can add additional schools after e-submit but you cannot delete a school after e-submit. I didn't wait to complete GRE before I e-submitted as I just added my unofficial scores I received right after the exam to my PTCAS app. I wouldn't wait until after completion of GRE to e-submit unless you have not completed everything else. It depends on your deadlines but earlier is better than later.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was so vague. To clarify, I am applying to 3 schools with deadlines of October 3rd, the others have deadlines in November, January, and March of next year. I was referring to the school specific questions. For example I completed everything for the schools with early deadlines, but I have an essay for a school with deadlines for next year that I haven't completed. Will I need to complete that before E-submitting or is there a way to pay for the other schools with earlier deadlines, and then in a month or so E-submit again for the schools that have later deadlines?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be able to add or delete your designated schools on PTCAS. Everything that the school requires, including answered additional questions must be completed before submitting. So, I would go ahead and submit to your 3 schools that are completed before the October 3rd deadline. Then, after submitting, go back into your PTCAS application and just add the other schools in and send them in when completed.

Reactions: 1 users
You should be able to add or delete your designated schools on PTCAS. Everything that the school requires, including answered additional questions must be completed before submitting. So, I would go ahead and submit to your 3 schools that are completed before the October 3rd deadline. Then, after submitting, go back into your PTCAS application and just add the other schools in and send them in when completed.

Thank you. One last question. I tried finding the answer online, but I am having trouble locating it again. Does my application need to be E-submitted by the schools deadlines OR do they need to be submitted AND processed because if its the latter I just realized I am most likely unable to get them processed in time..

If I were you, I would submit before the deadline so they can verify and process everything. If you submit now, then it should be processed by PTCAS and verified pretty quickly. It's the schools who usually need a bit more time to process everything

Wait...you can E-Submit more than once?

Wait...you can E-Submit more than once?

Once you esubmit, PTCAS can verify your application and send it to schools so you only esubmit once. After your app has been verified you can add other schools you would like to apply to, observation hours, update your GRE scores, etc.

Once you esubmit, PTCAS can verify your application and send it to schools so you only esubmit once. After your app has been verified you can add other schools you would like to apply to, observation hours, update your GRE scores, etc.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. I currently have everything completed for my schools that are due in October, but one of my schools that has a later deadline has questions/essays I have not answered and I want to submit my application to the early school deadlines ASAP. Hypothetically I can delete the school with a later deadline, E-submit, and then add that school back and answer the questions/essays and send my application to them at a later date?

But how would the added designations get the information if you don't e-submit again? Would it just automatically be sent?

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. I currently have everything completed for my schools that are due in October, but one of my schools that has a later deadline has questions/essays I have not answered and I want to submit my application to the early school deadlines ASAP. Hypothetically I can delete the school with a later deadline, E-submit, and then add that school back and answer the questions/essays and send my application to them at a later date?
Yes. After you esubmit you are able to go back into PTCAS and add additional programs you would like to apply to and answer their supplemental questions/essays then. You will pay the additional $45 dollars for each school you add and your app will be sent to those schools.

Go ahead and submit ASAP to those programs with deadlines next month so your app is processed as soon as possible, if you have everything complete for that school. Also once you esubmit, you cannot change your PTCAS essay whatsoever so make sure it's exactly how you would like it before submitting. You can always go back in and add additional programs you would like to apply to that have a later deadline. I hope this helped!

Last edited:
But how would the added designations get the information if you don't e-submit again? Would it just automatically be sent?

Technically I guess it could be considered esubmitting again, but If I recall correctly once I answered my additional schools essays and supplemental questions (that I added after esubmitting) I just paid the additional $45 for each program and PTCAS sent my application.

Technically I guess it could be considered esubmitting again, but If I recall correctly once I answered my additional schools essays and supplemental questions (that I added after esubmitting) I just paid the additional $45 for each program and PTCAS sent my application.

Oh ok. That's makes sense. Payment for sure is a form of "submitting" something. Thanks for the info.

Yes you can totally do that, thats actually what I did.
I wanted to apply to 5 schools but for one of them the essay was taking me too long. So I applied to 4 schools (removed the 5th school from my designations), hit submit and paid the fees.
My application got verified in 10 days then I went again and added my last school, answered the supplemental questions, and paid the additional fee. I guess you can call it e-submitting again, there's just no submit button to click. About a day or 2 after I received an email from the school saying they had received my application.

Now here is the trick and here is why I think you might want to contact PTCAS. After I e-submitted and before my application got verified (during that 10day period), I THINK that I wasn't able to add a program. I could only add a program to my verified application. It wasn't an issue for me because since I submitted early in the cycle, verification only took 10days and I was able to add my program soon.
Now October is now around the corner so I'm guessing more people are e-submitting so it might take PTCAS longer to verify, maybe the full "4 to 6weeks"... your other deadlines are way later so it might not be a problem for you as well, but just something to consider/double-check.

Yes. After you esubmit you are able to go back into PTCAS and add additional programs you would like to apply to and answer their supplemental questions/essays then. You will pay the additional $45 dollars for each school you add and your app will be sent to those schools.

Go ahead and submit ASAP to those programs with deadlines next month so your app is processed as soon as possible, if you have everything complete for that school. Also once you esubmit, you cannot change your PTCAS essay whatsoever so make sure it's exactly how you would like it before submitting. You can always go back in and add additional programs you would like to apply to that have a later deadline. I hope this helped!

Thanks for the info! I'm also waiting on my last LOR which just happens to be the most important one of all (go figure) and I have reminded them about it multiple times, I know he is really busy because but at the same time I need the LOR very soon. If I E-submit will I be able to resend him the verification of hours and also the request for a LOR or will that be locked once I e-submit?

Thanks for the info! I'm also waiting on my last LOR which just happens to be the most important one of all (go figure) and I have reminded them about it multiple times, I know he is really busy because but at the same time I need the LOR very soon. If I E-submit will I be able to resend him the verification of hours and also the request for a LOR or will that be locked once I e-submit?
Go ahead and send him the request to verify your hours and the LOR and then esubmit. PTCAS suggests that you do not wait for all materials such as these to be received before esubmitting so your app is verified ASAP. Just make sure he has all this in as soon as possible so when schools review your application they are looking at the "full package" so to say.

Go ahead and send him the request to verify your hours and the LOR and then esubmit. PTCAS suggests that you do not wait for all materials such as these to be received before esubmitting so your app is verified ASAP. Just make sure he has all this in as soon as possible so when schools review your application they are looking at the "full package" so to say.
I have already sent it to him, but my issue is that this is the second time I am sending him the email from PTCAS to verify hours/LOR because he did not recieve it the first time. I just want to make sure that if I E-submit, I will still have access to resending him the email so that he will be able to verify these for me. I don't want to be locked out and unable to resend him the verification if that makes sense.

I have already sent it to him, but my issue is that this is the second time I am sending him the email from PTCAS to verify hours/LOR because he did not recieve it the first time. I just want to make sure that if I E-submit, I will still have access to resending him the email so that he will be able to verify these for me. I don't want to be locked out and unable to resend him the verification if that makes sense.

Ask him to check his junk folder. I would bet anything the email is there, it happened to one of my observer.
There is no good reasons for him not to receive the PTCAS email.

Got his LOR and E-submitted! Now I just have some supplemental applications for some schools and I will be all set! Good luck to everyone else who may be applying this cycle!