E-submitting application before essay complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powemb3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we pay for our designations and e-submit the application before we complete our essay?
Also, this may be dumb question, but I am including it in my essay and want to make sure it is right. If we are applying right now for the DPT class that begins next fall what class are we in... for example, will we be in the DPT class of 2014 or 2015 or 2016?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you need to finish your essay first. If I'm remembering correctly, the only thing that can be pending at the time of your submission is PTCAS' receipt of your transcript(s). Everything that you need to do yourself must be finished.

And as far as what class are you... It's 2011 now. You would start in 2012. Assuming you are applying to 3 year programs... 2012 + 3 = 2015. I'm guessing you already knew this though... I think you can have a little more confidence in yourself, haha!

what pumpkinpatch said...all of it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a word of advice, FWIW, I would not put "class of ____" in the essay. Some programs are 3 years and some are 2.5; so if you are applying to more than one school through PTCAS and one happened to be a shorter program, then you would be incorrect in saying the year. For example, if I had put "class of 2014" in my essay, I would be wrong, because I'm going to a school with a 2.5 year program, so I'm really the "class of 2013."

You can't pick and choose what you want to send to each school on PTCAS; what you say goes to ALL schools you are applying to, so I think it'd be best to keep any dates (and school names, of course) out of your essay.

If you are just applying to one school through PTCAS, then disregard this entire post. ;)

Thanks markelmarcel,
Yes, I realized that and I made sure to contact a few people going to the schools I am applying for. Funny how just one little error like that could make you look like you hadn't done enough research/ weren't prepared, etc! Thanks again to you guys that posted. And good luck!