Each question worth 1 point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wings4Marie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this true? That's a good thing I think. So to go from a 220 to a 230 you need to get 10 more questions right?

Is it true that it doesnt matter how hard the test is, your grade pretty much depends on how 'other' people do compared to you? I guess no matter what the difficulty is, every score gets processed into a normal distribution, so in theory it doesnt matter if you get one of those insanely hard molecular tests that everyone keeps talking about.

Members don't see this ad.

is this true? That's a good thing I think. So to go from a 220 to a 230 you need to get 10 more questions right?

Is it true that it doesnt matter how hard the test is, your grade pretty much depends on how 'other' people do compared to you? I guess no matter what the difficulty is, every score gets processed into a normal distribution, so in theory it doesnt matter if you get one of those insanely hard molecular tests that everyone keeps talking about.

I don't know if it goes a point for each question. Someone once told me (maybe it was a forum on here somewhere) that it takes more questions to go from 215 to 225 than it does to go from 235 to 245 (both only a diff. of 10, but that there are actually less questions correct separting people when you get to higher scores, etc.). And it is by this method that they figure in how 'other' people do, etc. I don't know if this is exactly true, but that's the word I got a while back.

i heard essentially the same - the bell curve distribution - for example - the diff between 240 and 241 might be one question while the diff between a 185 and a 186 was closer to 3.5 questions...

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no official information out there on this subject and anything you hear or read is pure speculation.

I speculate that all nonexperimental questions are weighted equally and have the same influence on your score no matter how high or low it is. I have no evidence to support this.

as those questions are tested on a group of medical students, they know how many student did correct and how many didn't for each question. So, it makes more sense that they somewhat "weighted" every question on every test.
It may be a pure speculation but I believe that it's in that way :cool:

How about this? There are 350 q's, 50 of which are experimental and don't get counted. So you get a point for each correct out of 300 for the 3-digit score. But something tells me it ain't that easy, especially when they throw in that frickin 2-digit score, and say that it is based upon a pass set at 75.

Why don't they just tell us how it is scored? We won't gain any knowledge/advantage from it. There is no benefit in keeping it to themselves except that they get to act like tools. So I guess as payback, we'll all just have to ROCK it...

Why don't they just tell us how it is scored? We won't gain any knowledge/advantage from it. There is no benefit in keeping it to themselves except that they get to act like tools. So I guess as payback, we'll all just have to ROCK it...

Exactly! I think everyone's time would be better spent STUDYING for the exam than WASTING time on figuring out how it's scored.:rolleyes: