"Early Accept" at Touro NY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BKtomodachi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about the "Early Accept" option at TouroNY? I received word of it in the email when I was waitlisted.

The email states:
I also want to advise you that you will be considered as a candidate for Early Accept to the Class of 2015 should you ultimately not be offered acceptance to the Class of 2014. Irrespective of how positive this review has shown to be in the past and your position on the wait-list, I would never encourage you to reject an unconditional acceptance to another school.

Has anyone done this, or know anything about it?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think TouroCOM have anything like Early Acceptance. Its only that you will get acceptance in the first cycle of acceptances.

Good Luck

Sounds like the standard offer from a lot of schools. If you don't get pulled off the waitlist this year, they'll accept you into next year's class automatically, saving you the frustration and gamble of another application session. The only downside is that most schools require the full $2k deposit if you accept it. However, 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think TouroCOM have anything like Early Acceptance. Its only that you will get acceptance in the first cycle of acceptances.

Good Luck

Yup, they will consider your app in the first cycle, meaning you have a pretty good shot of getting in if you were on the High Waitlist anyway. But its not a guarantee like other schools have.

Yup, they will consider your app in the first cycle, meaning you have a pretty good shot of getting in if you were on the High Waitlist anyway. But its not a guarantee like other schools have.

Thanks!

Does this mean they do not require that you hold off on reapplying to other schools?
Would I have to interview again?
When is their first cycle of review?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just trying to figure things out.

Thanks!

Does this mean they do not require that you hold off on reapplying to other schools?
Would I have to interview again?
When is their first cycle of review?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just trying to figure things out.

Probably best to ask Obed about the specifics. I am only going by what I read in the email from Touro and info from the boards. Hopefully, they don't want us to submit another $200 secondary fee!

Let us know if you find out anything more!:)