Early Admission Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexj6458

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying early decision to one school, and I have four other schools that I have filled out applications for in case I do not get accepted early admission. My question is, under the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" tab on PTCAS, how do I designate a school as my early admission choice? I don't want to simply submit it first without knowing if there is a way to designate it as early admission. Let me know if any of you know!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on applying early decision to one school, and I have four other schools that I have filled out applications for in case I do not get accepted early admission. My question is, under the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" tab on PTCAS, how do I designate a school as my early admission choice? I don't want to simply submit it first without knowing if there is a way to designate it as early admission. Let me know if any of you know!!

When you go into PTCAS, click the "Add Program" tab and then click "View Early Decision Programs". Then you can specifically select your program that way. You have to make sure it specifies Early Decision.

EDIT: I'd recommend saving all the essays, etc. you've submitted for your other schools, because when you select Early Decision, it will erase all of it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users