Early admission rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuperKirby

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a rejection letter stating I did not get into the early admissions process. However, they said they would put my application into the regular application portion as most schools I'm sure would do the same thing.

Then they said according to last years scores, I would have been accepted into the program. They will make final decisions in a month and will contact me.

Does this mean I have a good chance of getting in? Because that would be a big kick in the ego if I get a rejection letter again from them later on. Can they tease me like that by saying I would have made it last year, but sorry, not this year.

Anyone with a similar situation?
 
I dont know if it is good, bad, or simply a generic response by saying that you "would have gotten in based on last year". One thing you must keep in mind is that the competition has gotten much stiffer thanks, in large part, to PTCAS.

I have no idea of your stats, but I would bet that is why you did not get in with the Early Decision. They most likely had a big applicant pool to choose from and only took 5-10 of the absolute TOP applicants for Early Decision, if that.

Keep your head up, You never know how the cards will fall.
 
I dont know if it is good, bad, or simply a generic response by saying that you "would have gotten in based on last year". One thing you must keep in mind is that the competition has gotten much stiffer thanks, in large part, to PTCAS.

I have no idea of your stats, but I would bet that is why you did not get in with the Early Decision. They most likely had a big applicant pool to choose from and only took 5-10 of the absolute TOP applicants for Early Decision, if that.

Keep your head up, You never know how the cards will fall.

I originally did not apply for early decision because I knew my stats were not competitive enough for early decision, but because I applied real early, they said it wouldn't hurt just to put my application in the early decision pile anyway, so if i get rejected, then I'd have another regular admissions pile. Its like applying twice in one year. So I was like, sure why not just put me in the early decision if you're letting me.

more than anything, i think its just to get early interviews out of the way, as the interviews gets crowded later on.

Thanks, i really hope the cards fall my way!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man, you just can't catch a break... I never had a situation like that. What a tease. Hang in there, all you need is just one damn acceptance letter. Just one to seal the deal. I personally hate PTCAS...
 
Man, you just can't catch a break... I never had a situation like that. What a tease. Hang in there, all you need is just one damn acceptance letter. Just one to seal the deal. I personally hate PTCAS...

LoL yes, I just need one to seal the deal!
Im in a bit of a crazed up situation too. Im in school for non PT credits (in case I never get into PT school) far far away from home paying lots of $$$$ tuition and apartment renting.
If and ever I get my first acceptance letter, I'm dropping out of my current school and going home, saving about $14000!!!! I just wish they'd tell me now, rejection or acceptance! =)
 
Dude, you gotta keep on trucking... I know this wait feels eternal but hopefully you get in somewhere. I had a friend who got rejected EVERYWHERE and got onto a couple of waiting list. He thought his life was over (I too thought his chances were shot to hell) and then he randomly got a phone call from some school in Oklahoma 3-4 days before they started class and asked if he would accept their offer which he did. That was an awesome but crazy experience. That is some serious cash you are forking over. You can backpack Europe and especially Asia or South America for that much.