Early Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carboxide

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering about early admissions. Right now I'm considering applying EA for Ferris State University or U of Michigan, since they are both in-state for me. I looked online but couldn't really find much about this...when are EA applications due usually? Do you find out earlier? What schools do use this? If you get accepted early admission and don't go, what happens?

Thanks for your help all!

ETA: I meant early decision, not just applying early. Just to clarify.

Members don't see this ad.

There's about a dozen or so schools that use early admissions. Through PharmCAS, the application opens in June, and the ED deadline is around Sept 1. If you apply for ED, they must inform you before the next PharmCAS deadline of Nov 1, typically by Oct 25.

I am wondering about early admissions. Right now I'm considering applying EA for Ferris State University or U of Michigan, since they are both in-state for me.

Remember if you do EA, you can only apply to 1 school. Make sure that school is your #1 choice, that way if you get accepted you do waste your time with the other schools. If you get declined, then you at least have a chance at the other schools.