Early Applicant Protocol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VailHaddock43

Reaction score
I am taking my MCAT 08/01 and was wondering if I pushed it back to 08/27 if this would still make me an early applicant? Also, is there any specific protocol for early applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think 20-21 cycle has even opened yet. Even when it does, you’ll still be considered very early. You’ll probably have your interviews done by December/January 2021. Last date to apply would be June 30th 2021 I believe, although it varies.

There is no specific protocol for early applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
Ive tried finding this answer by searching but was unsucessful (dont mean to overtake this thread). But do your prereq's need to be complete when you apply (got a C- in orgo2 and will be taking in the Winter semester, however I would like to apply earlier in December and not wait for Orgo2 to be done until end of May)?

Also OP, I think even Sept/Oct is quite early in the cycle. Most people wait to apply at the end of the semester when grades/transcripts are in, unless they have everything done right when the application opens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive tried finding this answer by searching but was unsucessful (dont mean to overtake this thread). But do your prereq's need to be complete when you apply (got a C- in orgo2 and will be taking in the Winter semester, however I would like to apply earlier in December and not wait for Orgo2 to be done until end of May)?

Also OP, I think even Sept/Oct is quite early in the cycle. Most people wait to apply at the end of the semester when grades/transcripts are in, unless they have everything done right when the application opens.
It shouldn't be a problem with it being in progress, but you should ask the schools just to make sure.

Reactions: 1 users
I am taking my MCAT 08/01 and was wondering if I pushed it back to 08/27 if this would still make me an early applicant? Also, is there any specific protocol for early applicants?

Take the exam when you are scoring 500+ on the practice tests; don't rush it, even March is early for the Pod cycle, given the cycle closes on June 30th of each year. To give you an approximation, roughly 1K students apply and about 600 get acceptances so there is plenty of time for the process.

Ideally, you should apply when all of the prereqs are completed. However, you can state that you're retaking the course and will finish it in may...if you're given an interview/acceptance, the completion of the course with a grade of C or better will be required to matriculate.

I applied without having taken physics II and I got accepted in November and took physics II in the spring semester after I gained acceptance. They basically condition your acceptance until completion of the prerequisite requirement is fulfilled.

Take the exam when you are scoring 500+ on the practice tests; don't rush it, even March is early for the Pod cycle, given the cycle closes on June 30th of each year. To give you an approximation, roughly 1K students apply and about 600 get acceptances so there is plenty of time for the process.

If I applied in late September, that would still be considered early?