Early Application 2018 + Taking 3 Summer Pre-Req Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halotop24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I am applying to dental schools this cycle and I have some questions. I just graduated as a Public Health Sciences Major and I still need to take some dental school pre-reqs (Anatomy, last quarter of Physics, and one more Physics Lab). I will be finishing them during summer school (June-September). I was hoping to submit my application ASAP and am have scheduled to take the DAT on June 20th. I don't have the highest GPA so I have been told to apply as early as I can.

I was wondering if anyone knew if schools will look at my application before September (when I finish the remaining classes) or if they would hold off looking at my application until they received my grades for these remaining courses?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You do know that it takes about 3 weeks for ADSAAS to recieve your DAT scores right? So you’re applying early without your DAT scores?

They will look at your application after they receive your DAT scores. You do have to say that the prerequisite classes are pending but they should be reviewing your app especially the dental schools that don't require anatomy or physics as prereqs in the first place