Early Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lone Wolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I have been looking through the threads and noticed that people with "decent" scores are applying later in the cycle and still being accepted. I was wondering if applying early in the cycle actually increases your chances of acceptance. I was hoping some people with lower stats that got accepted early in the cycle could post there test scores, gpa, when they applied, when the interviewed, etc.

Thanks in advanced

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, when during the cycle you apply has a great effect on your odds of being accepted (earlier application=greater probability of being admitted).

I put way too much emphasis on my OAT score. Concentrate on your other areas of your application as well. It does matter when in the cycle you apply, but if you're a strong candidate you will hopefully get if you apply at a decent time. Just don't wait until the last minute. But, if you really want to get into optometry school one would hope you'd be motivated to apply early unless you haven't taken your OAT or other circumstances arise.

Members don't see this ad :)
apply early.. if ur stats are average.. u wont hear anything until after the new year anyway.. but its still good to apply early.. it counts for something.

Just make sure you update them continuously to let them know u are trying to better your application as you speak.

Apply early, interview early = greater chances.