Early application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amos2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wonder when is the latest in order to be considered as an early application. Will the end of June be safe? I will be done the test, PS and LOR by that time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I just wonder when is the latest in order to be considered as an early application. Will the end of June be safe? I will be done the test, PS and LOR by that time.

There is no specific date for being considered early, but if you submit in June you will be.

Late June to early July is still considered early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are people so hurried? submitting June 3rd??

i submitted on June 4th and for a few reasons:
~everything I could do was done (DAT, GPA (good as its gonna be), PS, schools, shadowing, etc)
~if i have something to do i stress about it until its done so i wanted to get it done and out of mind as soon as i could :p
~one of my transcripts had to be sent by a CC and they aren't the most responsible people; lost one of my transcripts before and i was projecting something to go wrong
~BIGGEST REASON my GPA is low so I want to make sure i get out as soon as possible to give myself a fighting chance

don't worry about getting it in right now, keep in mind the ppl on SDN are usually super motivated and there are many many other applicants who, around November, are gonna be like o! better submit my app now :D

Last edited:
Competitive stats will trump "early" submission of application.

Competitive stats will trump "early" submission of application.

i know, but my DAT is solid and so is the rest of my app so i thought i might have a chance if i get my stuff in early, whereas if i wait until august people with 3.7s and such will have already filled the classes

if i dont get in this time, im going to get my grades up and try again

i know, but my DAT is solid and so is the rest of my app so i thought i might have a chance if i get my stuff in early, whereas if i wait until august people with 3.7s and such will have already filled the classes if i dont get in this time, im going to get my grades up and try again

There is not a school that adds extra points for applying early. Incidentally classes don't get filled by August.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=693654

if ur right at the median for schools ur interested, would that be considered competitive?

Err... Since 1/2 of the applicants/enrollees will be below your score what do you think?

Last edited:
With every school having roughly 2000 applicants and 100 spots, it's not likely if you're strictly in the middle, but it's possible. You're probably not completely in the middle though.

I know schools care about early apps since rolling admissions is how most of them do it, but I don't know if it really makes a difference if it's not really really early. Still, the earlier, the better. You never know how incompetent some schools are (especially community colleges).