Early commitment program contract???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beakdoc

Reaction score
Hello,

I am applying for the 2023 cycle and one of the schools offers an early commitment program. They say that you are bound by contract to attend. So what are the penalties if someone breaches that contract? How do they reinforce that?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am applying for the 2023 cycle and one of the schools offers an early commitment program. They say that you are bound by contract to attend. So what are the penalties if someone breaches that contract? How do they reinforce that?
what school is that?
i've never heard of that

Members don't see this ad :)
you want to make a commitment to a school that is not yet operating?
Yeah, what they're asking is kind of weird to say the least. I'm trying to get more info from them

Anything to get a jump start on filling the class. I would suspect you would have to pay a significant deposit to commit to the class, but otherwise I can't imagine it could be legally enforceable. They do not have to adhere to the AADSAS traffic rules either so they theoretically can offer spots and ask you to accept on the spot. (Oh those days before the traffic rules during the dark times of dental admissions.)

Sure, NYU ultimately gets you with $5K over several stages to commit to your seat so expect similar language for a sizeable nonrefundable deposit.

Please report what the real conditions are here and on the Workman HPU thread.

Reactions: 1 user