Early Decision for lower than average stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jds0923

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have compelling reasons to attend one specific school(GWU):
1. my fiance works at State Department which is only few blocks down the medical school.
2. I am a co-founder of the international church at GWU, serving the undergraduate and graduate students of GWU. Im the church pianist, so if I happen to move out of the town, It would be hard for them to find someone who could play for free as the church is fairly small and financially in struggle.
3. I also volunteer at NK in USA, which is a nonprofit organization helping North Korean defectors in the United States. Well, since I am very interested in helping North Korean defectors in the future, I would like to continue doing some work with them.

The problem is that my stats, GPA and MCAT are lower than average. It looks like that they have accepted the students with my stats, but Im not sure if all these reasons will make it possible to apply for early decision as GWU is my number 1 choice.

Members don't see this ad.

How lower than average are your stats?

Can you talk to a counselor/dean in the admissions office at GWU? You have a strong case for wanting to attend GWU, especially since your significant other works in the area.