Early Decision for Pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jyothi000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone applied to early decision before? How is it like?

Im thinking about doing this cycle, but I am unsure of some things: once you submit the application, I go back and add classes, so does that mean they will update my GPA as well or keep the old GPA from when I first submitted the application?

Also, where are you guys thinking of applying? I'm not sure yet, but anywhere really lol.

Thanks for the help guys! :) :D :oops: :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing!! Also, is the interview processes the same with Early Decision?!:confused:

I'm trying to figure out the same thing!! Also, is the interview processes the same with Early Decision?!:confused:
I believe the interview is the same process with Early Decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a better chance of getting in with early decision?

I was thinking of either applying early decision to my top choice and if i didn't get in, I could apply regular decision to other schools.

OR

Applying regular decision to about 4 - 5 schools

Well, better chance?.... I don't know. The Early Decision route definitely can't hurt you. It is a binding agreement that you better make sure you really want to go there. So, if you applied to your top choice and you apply through early decision, it shows the school that you are truly dedicated to that school. Whether or not the chances of admission are greater, I don't know. I would say yes that if your application isn't just absolutely horrible and you don't show up and suck at the interview, it could only help you to apply.

Is there a better chance of getting in with early decision?

I was thinking of either applying early decision to my top choice and if i didn't get in, I could apply regular decision to other schools.

OR

Applying regular decision to about 4 - 5 schools

The only benefit I see from early decision is peace of mind if you get in early. After the ED applicants interview, there is still a lot of seats open. Turning in your applicant really early as a regular applicant and getting the second wave of interviews is just as good as applying as a early decision applicant, but you get to apply to more than one school as a regular applicant. Keep in mind that you can only apply as regular decision after your school makes their decision, and during that time, another school could have been looking at your application.