Early Decision meaning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmypharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a school I want to apply to for early decision however, I do not have a stellar GPA (Less than 3.0) and I am taking the PCAT soon so I do not know what I will score though I am studying hard for it. The first time I took it I received a score under 40 for the composite. My question is: is early decision meant for those students who know they are absolutely going to get in or is it for those who know they are going to have a hard time being a competitive applicant? Should I apply regular or early for a school I really want to go to for a better chance?

Bump

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is a school I want to apply to for early decision however, I do not have a stellar GPA (Less than 3.0) and I am taking the PCAT soon so I do not know what I will score though I am studying hard for it. The first time I took it I received a score under 40 for the composite. My question is: is early decision meant for those students who know they are absolutely going to get in or is it for those who know they are going to have a hard time being a competitive applicant? Should I apply regular or early for a school I really want to go to for a better chance?

Bump
Bump2

Early decision is for people who are certain they want to attend a specific school. If applying early, you can only apply to 1 school and are obligated to attend if accepted. If you are not accepted early, you are usually pooled in with regular decision applicants and can apply to other schools as well. You do not gain an advantage by applying early with low stats.