Early decision question

Started by dj1772
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dj1772

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm applying early decision to a school which they're required to notify me of their decision by September 25. If they don't accept me, and I can apply to other programs, many of those programs' deadline is 10/01, does this mean I only have those 6 days to complete supplemental app questions and mail all my transcripts and official scores to all the other schools I would want to apply to? Seems a bit rushed, has anyone been through this before w/ applying early decision?
 
So I'm applying early decision to a school which they're required to notify me of their decision by September 25. If they don't accept me, and I can apply to other programs, many of those programs' deadline is 10/01, does this mean I only have those 6 days to complete supplemental app questions and mail all my transcripts and official scores to all the other schools I would want to apply to? Seems a bit rushed, has anyone been through this before w/ applying early decision?
I'm concerned about that too since I'm doing early decision. I'm pretty sure transcripts just go to PTCAS though. The only thing I think you would need to do extra for the schools are supplementals and GRE requests. Still though, that isn't a lot of time to get essays in...