Early Decision (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SheaShea

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I am getting nervous because I have not heard back from Rosalind Franklin for an interview (or no interview). The Early Decision application deadline was August 15th and I submitted my application early and had everything on verified on August 8th. (I've paid the fee and everything). The last email I received (on August 8th) said:

"In an effort to keep you informed throughout the admission process, your file has been initially reviewed and is still under continued consideration because we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential."

I have not heard back from them since, but I know that Early Decision period ends September 25th. A friend told me that when she called RFU, they said the ED interviews were the 15th but I haven't heard anything yet and that is 8 days away.

Should I call? Anyone know how long it took them to get an interview through Early Decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

So I am getting nervous because I have not heard back from Rosalind Franklin for an interview (or no interview). The Early Decision application deadline was August 15th and I submitted my application early and had everything on verified on August 8th. (I've paid the fee and everything). The last email I received (on August 8th) said:

"In an effort to keep you informed throughout the admission process, your file has been initially reviewed and is still under continued consideration because we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential."

I have not heard back from them since, but I know that Early Decision period ends September 25th. A friend told me that when she called RFU, they said the ED interviews were the 15th but I haven't heard anything yet and that is 8 days away.

Should I call? Anyone know how long it took them to get an interview through Early Decision?

Hi SheaShea,

I'm actually really glad you mention this. I've been dying to hear back from Rosalind as well. The last time I heard from Rosalind with the exact same message was on Aug 18th. I called the admissions office yesterday because I was concerned about interviews being next Friday. The lady I spoke with was nice but didnt give out much information, it seemed like she didn't know about interviews. She only told me that we would be notified by the 25th of acceptance or denial (which I already knew lol). I'm going to call again next week hoping to get in contact with someone with more information but the anticipation is killing me.

Let me know if you hear anything. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi SheaShea,

I'm actually really glad you mention this. I've been dying to hear back from Rosalind as well. The last time I heard from Rosalind with the exact same message was on Aug 18th. I called the admissions office yesterday because I was concerned about interviews being next Friday. The lady I spoke with was nice but didnt give out much information, it seemed like she didn't know about interviews. She only told me that we would be notified by the 25th of acceptance or denial (which I already knew lol). I'm going to call again next week hoping to get in contact with someone with more information but the anticipation is killing me.

Today I called and left a message, however, my friend said she got an email yesterday to schedule an interview. So now I'm really nervous. They would contact us if we didn't get an interview though, right?

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi SheaShea,

@AspiringDPTstudent Have you heard anything yet? I've been calling and emailing all week and finally talked to someone yesterday. She said that we will be notified either way whether we got an interview or not and that I should hear something in the next few days...which is crazy considering the interview is Friday. It is very frustrating that I have not heard anything.

@AspiringDPTstudent Have you heard anything yet? I've been calling and emailing all week and finally talked to someone yesterday. She said that we will be notified either way whether we got an interview or not and that I should hear something in the next few days...which is crazy considering the interview is Friday. It is very frustrating that I have not heard anything.

@SheaShea No I have not heard anything yet either. I'm upset they would contact others who didnt apply early decision first. I just keep reloading my emails and checking my spam and still nothing :(

@SheaShea No I have not heard anything yet either. I'm upset they would contact others who didnt apply early decision first. I just keep reloading my emails and checking my spam and still nothing :(
Same. I have called and she said we would be notified but honestly, I have heard so many contradictory claims from the whole admissions staff that I don't know if I can believe that. I'm praying for both of us

Same. I have called and she said we would be notified but honestly, I have heard so many contradictory claims from the whole admissions staff that I don't know if I can believe that. I'm praying for both of us
Hopefully we hear something soon I would rather know then to sit and wait for a response. If anything changes on my end I will let you know. Good luck again and thanks!!

Hopefully we hear something soon I would rather know then to sit and wait for a response. If anything changes on my end I will let you know. Good luck again and thanks!!

@SheaShea Today I received an email that said my application was still under review and they will release my application on September 26th. They didn't deny nor accept me so idk if this is a good or bad thing. I'm just going to remain optimistic!

@SheaShea Today I received an email that said my application was still under review and they will release my application on September 26th. They didn't deny nor accept me so idk if this is a good or bad thing. I'm just going to remain optimistic!

@AspiringDPTstudent I got the same email! I just don't understand what they are doing here....are we going to get deferred to regular decision and have them still consider us? It sounds like they won't have a decision for us by the 26th. So we are still in the running? I swear, if we are denied after the ED deadline I'm going to explode.

Before I got the email, I did reach out to them and ask if they do deferrals....so we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Haven't heard anything...have you?

I think I'm gonna reach out to them in like 2-3 weeks. I am really grateful to still be considered, but we applied and paid for early decision and didn't get an early decision, so you would think we would be on the top of this list you know?

What other schools did you apply to?

I think I'm gonna reach out to them in like 2-3 weeks. I am really grateful to still be considered, but we applied and paid for early decision and didn't get an early decision, so you would think we would be on the top of this list you know?

What other schools did you apply to?
I called yesterday and my application is still under review. I've started applying to other schools in the meantime.

I called yesterday and my application is still under review. I've started applying to other schools in the meantime.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from Rosalind, but I did get an invite for an interview at Governor's State University today - so I finally heard back from someone!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for us with Rosalind**

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from Rosalind, but I did get an invite for an interview at Governor's State University today - so I finally heard back from someone!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for us with Rosalind**

Best of luck to you on your interview!!! That's great news.