Early Decision (Wash U)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALPT2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone decided to apply ED to Wash U or know ED stats on Wash U?

I'm also wondering how long it will actually take for PTCAS to verify an ED application. I know they say 4-5 weeks, but might it be quicker since its still early on in the cycle and its an ED app?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

I'm also wondering how long it will actually take for PTCAS to verify an ED application. I know they say 4-5 weeks, but might it be quicker since its still early on in the cycle and its an ED app?
I just submitted my ED application a little under a week ago. I have everything verified. The gpa calculations only took a few days after I e-submitted (I had my transcript sent the day after PTCAS opened). The GRE score took the longest for them to receive. 2.5 to 3 weeks (also had that sent the day after PTCAS opened).

All of the other stuff (references, hours, etc.) really just depends on how quick those people get back to PTCAS through email.

Bottom line, it seemed pretty quick once I e-submitted. I'm so relieved to have it all done! Now the wait!!!

I submitted my ED application on July 19th, they received my transcript on July 21st, and I still don't have my GPA calculated. I know it's only been 4 days! But mine seems to be taking a bit longer than wiscoguy. PTCAS already has my GRE scores, but I am still waiting on two references to put in their letters. Will PTCAS send my application to my school before those are put in since I've already e-submitted or do they have to wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on Friday the 22nd. PTCAS already has my transcript and GRE scores, so hopefully it will be a quick turn around!

I think as soon as your application is processed it will get sent, and then as your letters of rec come in they are released to the program.

I submitted on July 9th and was verified on July 10th but I used the Transcript Entry Service, so I had no errors to correct. So took me 1 day and am not applying ED. My programs received my app on July 10th. So it was very fast for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted on July 9th and was verified on July 10th but I used the Transcript Entry Service, so I had no errors to correct. So took me 1 day and am not applying ED. My programs received my app on July 10th. So it was very fast for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How did you that your program recieved your application? Also, did you use the mobile app thing? My phone app doesn't say verified (it says "submitted") but it says I have everything in. And my GPA's are calculated but I want to make sure my program got it!

I just applied ED To wash u as well (almost didn't make the early deadline bec I sent one of my several transcripts really late).
My understanding is that for ED as soon as all the materials are in, they send it on- the "processing" I think is just them verifying your course work on transcripts with what you reported, and not sure abt regular decision, but according to what I was told they don't wait to send yor app to the school before you do that.

I'm glad I found this thread- I'd be interested to know about stats too. do y'all think they will make decisions before the sept 26 deadline? I am nervous about getting materials together in such a quick time for other schools if I don't get in, but I knew that's part of the risk you take with ED, hopefully with the benefit of getting in and NOT having to compile/pay for other applications

I just applied ED To wash u as well (almost didn't make the early deadline bec I sent one of my several transcripts really late).
My understanding is that for ED as soon as all the materials are in, they send it on- the "processing" I think is just them verifying your course work on transcripts with what you reported, and not sure abt regular decision, but according to what I was told they don't wait to send yor app to the school before you do that.

I'm glad I found this thread- I'd be interested to know about stats too. do y'all think they will make decisions before the sept 26 deadline? I am nervous about getting materials together in such a quick time for other schools if I don't get in, but I knew that's part of the risk you take with ED, hopefully with the benefit of getting in and NOT having to compile/pay for other applications

I received an e-mail from Wash U yesterday, and my review date is September 20! Hoping to hear back the 20th or the 21st :) Have you heard anything yet?

Yes! I heard back last week and mine is Sept 16th!