Early Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manzielin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some thoughts on the early-decision offer for some Physical Therapy Schools? How much does it increase your chances?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it depends on how competitive your stats are relative to the school you are applying to. Most schools wont fill up their class EARLY with mediocre students when they know they will yield a competitive pool. Some schools allow applicants to apply to early decision and the normal cycle. I can see how that would be a plus. However, early decision is best when you know the school and have the stats to back it up! This will save you a ton of money and stress!

I would say it depends on how competitive your stats are relative to the school you are applying to. Most schools wont fill up their class EARLY with mediocre students when they know they will yield a competitive pool. Some schools allow applicants to apply to early decision and the normal cycle. I can see how that would be a plus. However, early decision is best when you know the school and have the stats to back it up! This will save you a ton of money and stress!
Applying for early decision and the normal cycle--does that mean you can be rejected via early decision, but accepted once the normal cycle ends?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have more specific information (sorry), but I know there are some schools where you can apply early decision, and if not accepted, are moved to the regular applicant pool. I wish I knew which schools, but I just remember seeing posts where people had mentioned it.

Applying for early decision and the normal cycle--does that mean you can be rejected via early decision, but accepted once the normal cycle ends?
Correct.

What are some thoughts on the early-decision offer for some Physical Therapy Schools? How much does it increase your chances?

I only would if your stats are competitive. I would also speak to the admissions liason for the program about your stats. See what they suggest . If not I would apply early if your stats are competitive and you'll get in somewhere awesome!

A lot of times early decision applicants don't get accepted because they didn't have everything finished and the scores necessary to be considered. So, be sure to know exactly what you're getting yourself into.

Reactions: 1 user