Well... This just stinks. I had plans to apply as an Early Decision Applicant. Some people usually frown on this idea, but I truly love the school and I love the faculty (that I've met). Anyways, they require a 3.5 cGPA and 3.5 sGPA in order to be considered as ED. Today AACOMAS verified my application and sadly my cGPA is a 3.46 and sGPA is a 3.56. So here is my question, would a school make an exception to this? They are making an exception on my MCAT because it will be late for consideration (taking it June 30th). Or will I be stuck applying broadly?
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Early Decision...
Started by DPTinthemaking15
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wouldn't do it unless you know you can get in and the admissions advisor tells you it's a good idea. Otherwise they hold your application til October I think? That could hurt your chances with other schools.
Which school? And it doesn't hurt to ask but i wouldn't bet on it.
I think it's unwise to enter the application cycle with the presupposition that one is 'stuck' if applying broadly. I applied broadly (though I could have gone for ED, I just didn't feel that strongly about a particular school and didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.) The opportunity to interview, tour schools, make contact with faculty and students, etc. helped me arrive at the best decision.
I spoke with her and she told me I was a good fit. Also, I have a guaranteed interview at the school, but I just wanted extra security this admission cycle.I wouldn't do it unless you know you can get in and the admissions advisor tells you it's a good idea. Otherwise they hold your application til October I think? That could hurt your chances with other schools.
VCOM-Auburn. I was hoping since it is a fairly new program that it would be okay. But I know they have rules for a reason lol.Which school? And it doesn't hurt to ask but i wouldn't bet on it.
Crap... I should have specified lol. My wife is a pre-vet student at this college. So moving to another college is not really possible. Luckily, I really enjoy the campus, faculty, and students here. If I came off as a goober I apologize lol.I think it's unwise to enter the application cycle with the presupposition that one is 'stuck' if applying broadly. I applied broadly (though I could have gone for ED, I just didn't feel that strongly about a particular school and didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.) The opportunity to interview, tour schools, make contact with faculty and students, etc. helped me arrive at the best decision.
Last edited:
A
AnatomyGrey12
Crap... I should have specified lol. My wife is a vet student at this college. So moving to another college is not really possible. Luckily, I really enjoy the campus, faculty, and students here. If I came off as a goober I apologize lol.
Just remember that very few people have success applying ED, and the ones who do usually have stats high above their minimum ED requirements. How long is vet school? It may be best to just wait until your wife graduates to apply honestly.... going into med school applications completely banking on one school is just asking for disappointment.
Gotcha, no worries!