Early decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt2k16

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from any ED applications yet? Whether that be interview or acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied regular decision to UMB, but heard back for an interview recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied ED to temple 8/13 and was invited for an interview 8/21

I applied ED to ATSU in Mesa AZ and heard back for an interview. My interview is 9/14

I have not heard back. Applied in Texas... “still under faculty review”

I asked if anyone had any info as to when they would stop sending out interviews and they said they wouldn’t; it could go up until the final deadline. Be prepared to travel at the tick of a clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For schools that have early decision options, does anyone know what percentage of their class they fill from the early decision pool? Trying to figure out if its worth it to apply regular decision to schools out of state with ED options.

I just heard back and got an interview at UTMB in Texas. Submitted by ED application on 8/13 and was verified 8/18.

I’m still waiting to hear from UTHSCSA-SA...

Did you think you had good odds at UTMB for ED? Was this your first time applying to DPT school?

I just heard back and got an interview at UTMB in Texas. Submitted by ED application on 8/13 and was verified 8/18.

Have you applied before?

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you think you had good odds at UTMB for ED? Was this your first time applying to DPT school?

Hey! It is my 1st time applying. I would say I have pretty average odds. My overall GPA is 3.57 and I got a 152 V, 156 Q, 4.0 W on my GRE, and ~150 observation hours. I have other volunteer experiences and extracurriculars but by no means would I consider myself a highly competitive applicant.

Last edited:
Hey! It is my 1st time applying. I would say I have a pretty average adds. My overall GPA is 3.57 and I got a 152 V, 156 Q, 4.0 W on my GRE, and ~150 observation hours. I have other volunteer experiences and extracurriculars but by no means would I consider myself a highly competitive applicant.

Well goodluck to you! I’m still waiting to hear back

Received interview invite from WVU last night (8/29) for Sept 7th.

Have you heard back yet?? I’m patiently waiting from UTHSC

No... I haven’t heard anything yet. The last email I got was regarding matriculation requirements... that was a week ago, if not longer...

I am so impatient too... it’s constantly on my mind.

Completed my app for University of North Georgia on 8/3, had it verified on 8/7, received an invitation on 8/22 for an interview on 8/29. They say I'll find out by 9/10-11 if I get in.

Just received an interview offer from UTHSCSA this afternoon, so it looks like they're starting to contact Early Decision candidates now.

Just received an interview offer from UTHSCSA this afternoon, so it looks like they're starting to contact Early Decision candidates now.

I did as well

Congrats! I applied early decision to UTHSCSA and haven't heard back either way yet. Hoping to hear back soon so I can apply to other programs if I need. When is your interview?

Congrats! I applied early decision to UTHSCSA and haven't heard back either way yet. Hoping to hear back soon so I can apply to other programs if I need. When is your interview?

Thanks. We interviewed this past Friday (9/14), mostly ED and a couple of regular decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
Completed my app for University of North Georgia on 8/3, had it verified on 8/7, received an invitation on 8/22 for an interview on 8/29. They say I'll find out by 9/10-11 if I get in.

Have you heard back from UNG yet?

Got my acceptance for Samuel Merritt ED this afternoon

Have you heard back from UNG yet?
Not yet. They told me after my interview to expect a call sometime around 9/10. I then received an email 9/12 saying that they were having scoring issues with PTCAS and that it would be "probably next week" (i.e this week) before I hear anything.

When do you think we'll hear from UTHSCSA?

I’m on the edge of my seat too; checking my email every 5 minutes...

The very last day is the 24th at 11:59 pm, however, I highly doubt they will send emails on the weekend. Therefore, I think the rest of today, Thursday, Friday, and Monday!

Just got accepted to UTHSCSA for early decision! Emails went out this afternoon for acceptances and moving ppl to the regular pool.

Just got accepted to UTHSCSA for early decision! Emails went out this afternoon for acceptances and moving ppl to the regular pool.

I got deferred to regular pool unfortunately... it broke my heart. Do you mind sharing your stats!

Got accepted to WVU today for ED.