-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Early Decision
Started by deuce924
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll be interested in how your interview goes - I have an MD-PhD interview there 10/3.
I'll let you know...Hopefully I have nothing but good things to say.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
<----
I was very Early Decision...
Did you know you were going to be notified of your acceptance before Oct 1st or was that a surprise?
I'm an EDP candidate at Mizzou. The committee hasn't met yet to review files and make interview invitations. Interviews will be the week of 24 Sept.
I was originally told to expect EDP interivews the week of the 17th (next week), so I was really starting to stress out since I hadn't heard anything. Anyway, I couldn't contain the anxiety any longer so I emailed them. This morning the admissions evaluator told me to hang tight -- the committee is meeting this week to look at the EDP files.
I was originally told to expect EDP interivews the week of the 17th (next week), so I was really starting to stress out since I hadn't heard anything. Anyway, I couldn't contain the anxiety any longer so I emailed them. This morning the admissions evaluator told me to hang tight -- the committee is meeting this week to look at the EDP files.

Did you know you were going to be notified of your acceptance before Oct 1st or was that a surprise?
They told us on interview day (8/28) when the committee was meeting and when we could expect notification. Interviews were 8/25 and 8/28 for EDP (still a few this week) and committee meets every other thursday. I got my call on 9/6 at 5p
I'm EDP for Med. Univ. of South Carolina. Interview is on Friday, can't wait. Glad to see other EDPers on SDN.
How did your interview go??
Interviewed 9/20. Accepted 9/25 to MSU CHM. (by phone call)
(Is there an acceptance thread yet?)
(Is there an acceptance thread yet?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I'm glad I found a bunch of ED people.. What made you decide to do ED? Were you very well-matched for your schools, or were any of them a stretch? I know it's risky to do ED, since if you don't get in, you'll be late at all other schools--why did you make the decision you did?
I'm hoping to make a similar decision of my own..just looking for a bit of advice.
Thanks!
I'm hoping to make a similar decision of my own..just looking for a bit of advice.
Thanks!
Interviewed 9/20. Accepted 9/25 to MSU CHM. (by phone call)
(Is there an acceptance thread yet?)
Acceptance threads usually come "Class of 20XX" threads in the Allopathic forum. You can go ahead and start one but you might be a little lonely until Oct. 15th at the earliest.
What made you decide to do ED? Were you very well-matched for your schools, or were any of them a stretch?
I'm hoping to make a similar decision of my own..just looking for a bit of advice.
I applied EDP for two reasons: time and money. I was really only considering two schools and, with some help, I managed to narrow it down to one that I am happy with. With a guaranteed acceptance now, I have not only saved myself a significant amount of money, but I also now have almost a year to do whatever I want, which is nice. I intend on traveling.
Many people on SDN would discourage doing this, but by no means do you need to be a stellar candidate in order to apply via EDP. I would suggest contacting someone on the admissions committee at your school of interest with your application, and they will surely help you out with your decision and give you advice. In the end, you need to decide if you want to roll the dice. My gamble paid off, good luck with yours. 🙂
I envy you. There is no where I want to go more than MSU CHM and I'm currently there as an undergrad. I'm still not sure if EDP is for me yet, haven't taken the MCAT yet. Applying next year, hopefully my situation goes as well as yours did. Congratulations. 🙂 Do you have an MDApps or are you willing to share your stats/ECs? You can PM me if you don't want to post them publicly.Interviewed 9/20. Accepted 9/25 to MSU CHM. (by phone call)
(Is there an acceptance thread yet?)
I just got the letter...I'm in. LSU-NO Class of 2012.
Let's keep the hot streak alive EDPer's. Good Luck to the rest of you.
Woo Hoo! Congrats!!! The committee is meeting tonight to decide my fate. I'll know tomorrow.
I didn't see any but MCG's ADCOM met tonight and is mailing letters out tomorrow...this came from a meeting at my school with the MCG Admissions director.
I just got the letter...I'm in. LSU-NO Class of 2012.
Let's keep the hot streak alive EDPer's. Good Luck to the rest of you.
YAHOO!!!! COngrats!
PS Captain, we're waiting....

Acceptance here, MUSC early decision, Class of 2012. Congrats everyone!
👍 You guys rock!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woo Hoo! Congrats!!!
The committee is meeting tonight to decide my fate. I'll know tomorrow.
So how did things go...Did you find out??
So how did things go...Did you find out??
Still waiting...
You can imagine how productive I've been today -- checking my email multiple times a minute for the news...
Accepted! 

Congrats...Seems like EDP is working out for a lot of people.
I know, I have yet to hear anything but success stories from EDP applicants (both on and off SDN). Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Should we start an acceptance thread?
sure
Congrats!!! You must be absolutely elated.Accepted!![]()
I applied EDP at KU. i would recommend it to people who had reason to stay in a certain area (I did for family reasons) and who just know that one school is for them. The pay-off is you have a higher chance of acceptance because you are the very first group that they will look at...the down side of course is you are really late if you want to apply anywhere else and you don't get in! However it definitely paid off for me because I got accepted to KU and I am completely stoked, I cannot believe that I"m finally really going to medical school!
Accepted!![]()
Oh Captain, my captain!!! RAWK ON!
I got accepted to KU and I am completely stoked, I cannot believe that I"m finally really going to medical school!
Congratulations!👍
I applied EDP to Temple. I interviewed 9/11 and was notified of my acceptance on 9/14.
I decided to apply EDP because I wanted to stay in Philly and Temple was a good fit for everything I was looking for in a med school. I'm in my early 30's and married, so staying in the same location was a lot more important to me than it would have been without some of the responsibilities I have.
If you are going to apply EDP, make sure you have good communications with the admissions department before you apply. You want to make sure you at least have the academic credentials to get accepted. The main downside is if you get rejected, you will be far behind in the application timeline when you submit to other schools. For this reason, a lot of people will tell you not to apply EDP. I would say that if you have a strong preference for a certain school, and you are a good match academically, then applying EDP is a great option.
It might not be for everyone, but it saved me thousands of dollars and I knew where I was going really early in the cycle.
One other thing, if you do apply this way, make sure you write a good secondary essay explaining why you want to go to the school. You are telling them that their school is your #1 choice, so make sure you have some compelling reasons why that is the case. If you can't think of any good reasons, you might want to rethink your application strategy.
I decided to apply EDP because I wanted to stay in Philly and Temple was a good fit for everything I was looking for in a med school. I'm in my early 30's and married, so staying in the same location was a lot more important to me than it would have been without some of the responsibilities I have.
If you are going to apply EDP, make sure you have good communications with the admissions department before you apply. You want to make sure you at least have the academic credentials to get accepted. The main downside is if you get rejected, you will be far behind in the application timeline when you submit to other schools. For this reason, a lot of people will tell you not to apply EDP. I would say that if you have a strong preference for a certain school, and you are a good match academically, then applying EDP is a great option.
It might not be for everyone, but it saved me thousands of dollars and I knew where I was going really early in the cycle.
One other thing, if you do apply this way, make sure you write a good secondary essay explaining why you want to go to the school. You are telling them that their school is your #1 choice, so make sure you have some compelling reasons why that is the case. If you can't think of any good reasons, you might want to rethink your application strategy.
I applied EDP to Temple. I interviewed 9/11 and was notified of my acceptance on 9/14.
I decided to apply EDP because I wanted to stay in Philly and Temple was a good fit for everything I was looking for in a med school. I'm in my early 30's and married, so staying in the same location was a lot more important to me than it would have been without some of the responsibilities I have.
If you are going to apply EDP, make sure you have good communications with the admissions department before you apply. You want to make sure you at least have the academic credentials to get accepted.
Congrats!!! I'm 29, married with two kids, so I completely understand what you're saying about staying put.
I also agree 100% that EDP candidates need to talk with the addmissions office before they apply to gauge their competitiveness.
Again, congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS!!! Nice job!Good luck to those who didn't make it in this year's EDP cycle. 

Yeah... EDP didn't work so well for me. I thought my interviews went pretty darn good too. In the email they sent me it stated that my application ranks quite highly, but they wanted to wait 10-12 weeks before making a decision. I threw in an app to Wayne when I found out, so we'll see what happens... and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more that MSU decides to accept me.
Yeah... EDP didn't work so well for me. I thought my interviews went pretty darn good too. In the email they sent me it stated that my application ranks quite highly, but they wanted to wait 10-12 weeks before making a decision. I threw in an app to Wayne when I found out, so we'll see what happens... and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more that MSU decides to accept me.
Good luck, Dr. D-Man
(it was fun doing that with you)
I LOVE SCRUBS!
Anyway, I'm apply next cycle and from all of the success stories on here, I may join all of this EDP fun! Congrats everyone!
Yeah... EDP didn't work so well for me. I thought my interviews went pretty darn good too. In the email they sent me it stated that my application ranks quite highly, but they wanted to wait 10-12 weeks before making a decision. I threw in an app to Wayne when I found out, so we'll see what happens... and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more that MSU decides to accept me.
I'm pulling for you!

Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 743
