Early Decision

Started by deuce924
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah... EDP didn't work so well for me. I thought my interviews went pretty darn good too. In the email they sent me it stated that my application ranks quite highly, but they wanted to wait 10-12 weeks before making a decision. I threw in an app to Wayne when I found out, so we'll see what happens... and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more that MSU decides to accept me.
Yikes, let me know how it goes. :luck: I'm applying EDP at MSU next year.
 
My school sends out EDP acceptance notifications tomorrow. I've never been so excited for a Monday. 🙂
 
Yeah... EDP didn't work so well for me. I thought my interviews went pretty darn good too. In the email they sent me it stated that my application ranks quite highly, but they wanted to wait 10-12 weeks before making a decision. I threw in an app to Wayne when I found out, so we'll see what happens... and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more that MSU decides to accept me.


D, you know I am pulling for you man!! (and praying too) :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied early to Drexel Med, interviewed 9/25, accepted 10/1!

So thrilled for next year. Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I've heard that there is no advantage in applying ED in regards to the application itself.. that is to say, that the stress/time/money issue is the only advantage..is that correct?

In other words, if you get accepted ED, you would have been accepted in regular apps without a doubt? (and vice versa)
 
Interviewed 9/21, accepted 9/28 at KU! It's so nice to be finished with the whole application business, only 1 secondary and months of peace. WOOHOOO I'm goin to med school!
 
I've heard that there is no advantage in applying ED in regards to the application itself.. that is to say, that the stress/time/money issue is the only advantage..is that correct?

In other words, if you get accepted ED, you would have been accepted in regular apps without a doubt? (and vice versa)

Saving stress, time and money...what more of an advantage do you want. If you are talking about a statistical advantage vs. regular admission than no there is no advantage. Most EDP applicants, but I can only speak for myself, speak with the school to which they are applying to decide whether they will be competitive or not.
 
Also congrats to all the applicants who were accepted. I assuming since the Oct 1st deadline has passed all the EDP acceptances have gone out.

Not to bring up the negative but I think I only have seen acceptances from EDP applicants, Does anyone know of someone who did not get in who applied EDP?
 
Also congrats to all the applicants who were accepted. I assuming since the Oct 1st deadline has passed all the EDP acceptances have gone out.

Not to bring up the negative but I think I only have seen acceptances from EDP applicants, Does anyone know of someone who did not get in who applied EDP?

Yeah, me.
 
it's october 3 and i still haven't heard anything. others in this boat? sux - i thought i'd know monday.
 
Agreed. They are REQUIRED to accept you or release you to apply to other schools.