SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Early decision?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by crazy4clana, May 28, 2008.

1. crazy4clana

crazy4clana 2+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Are there any dental schools that have early desicion programs? I really want to go my state dental school and its my top choice. How you do suggest I go about letting them know that they are my first choice? The only thing I can think of is applying for early desicion slots but which schools have them?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

DRHOYA 2+ Year Member

May 15, 2008
    I'm not sure of your current situation. But I do know some Colleges/Universities have a 7yr joint B.S./D.D.S. program where you complete the pre-req's in 3yrs then enroll in Dental School for 4, with certain stats needed to be maintained. You get into those when you apply for undergrad, but you'll have to check with your school to see if you can "jump" into one as a sophomore/junior etc..... Other than that, there is no "early-decision" if you are on a normal track doing 4yrs undergrad, then applying to dental schools.
  4. AlcoHulk

AlcoHulk 10+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Not sure what you're talking about by early decision program. The earliest acceptance you can get is December 1st?
  5. blankguy

blankguy 7+ Year Member

Aug 11, 2003
    There is no such thing as early decision. If you want an early decision then you apply ASAP and the earliest they notify you is december 1st after that it becomes rolling admissions until the class is finalized(i.e. orientation time around aug/sept).