1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Early decision?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by crazy4clana, May 28, 2008.

1. crazy4clana

Pre-Dental
    Are there any dental schools that have early desicion programs? I really want to go my state dental school and its my top choice. How you do suggest I go about letting them know that they are my first choice? The only thing I can think of is applying for early desicion slots but which schools have them?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DRHOYA

Pre-Dental
    I'm not sure of your current situation. But I do know some Colleges/Universities have a 7yr joint B.S./D.D.S. program where you complete the pre-req's in 3yrs then enroll in Dental School for 4, with certain stats needed to be maintained. You get into those when you apply for undergrad, but you'll have to check with your school to see if you can "jump" into one as a sophomore/junior etc..... Other than that, there is no "early-decision" if you are on a normal track doing 4yrs undergrad, then applying to dental schools.

4. AlcoHulk

Resident [Any Field]
    Not sure what you're talking about by early decision program. The earliest acceptance you can get is December 1st?

5. blankguy

Dental Student
    There is no such thing as early decision. If you want an early decision then you apply ASAP and the earliest they notify you is december 1st after that it becomes rolling admissions until the class is finalized(i.e. orientation time around aug/sept).