Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguin738

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied early decision. Does anyone know when we will hearing back from the schools?

Members don't see this ad.

they have to make their decision by Sept 27th. PTCAS only lets you apply to one.... Your status will change to accepted, denied or be reverted to regular application status and then you will be able to apple elsewhere. As far as them contacting you or how much sooner they infor PTCAS may be up to the school.

Do they still have interviews for early decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they still have interviews for early decision?

it is based on the school, if they had interviews normally then they still do, if not then ur still good to go without an interview

those of you who took part in early decision, where did you guys apply to? oh and good luck to you all :)

I applied early decision to University of Illinois, Chicago. Can't wait to hear back! The suspense is killing me a little!

I applied to Regis University and the suspense is killing me as well!!

I applied early decision to duke...they have my app and they told me yesterday they will be making decisions regarding interviews in the next two weeks! Ahhh! Just sittin and waitin....

Did anyone on here apply early decision to NYIT? If so, have you heard anything?

I applied ED to Rosalind Franklin and got an invitation for an interview on Monday this week.

I'm pretty sure the deadline for schools to let us know their final decision is September 27th (per PTCAS's explanation of ED).

Hang tight, stay positive.

Thanks! I actually got an email this morning inviting me for an interview...are you doing anything special to prepare for your ED interview?

Does anyone know how to find out if a school has interviews for early decision?
thx :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from Duke today!!! Got an interview--I'm in heaven! Can't wait until the 16th!!!!

Nope I still haven't heard back from Regis. I may try giving them a call next Monday..

Good luck to everyone who has heard back! I am still in the dark about UIC. Keeping fingers crossed!

I have an interview at Duke, too, the same day as kcrat! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!! :xf::xf:

Good luck to those who have interviews! Still waiting to hear back from Regis.... :/

I am getting nervous because we still have not heard back from Regis. I feel they would need to tell us very soon if they wanted an interview since there is about only 2.5 weeks left to give a decision. Should I be getting concerned?

Penguin: I know what you mean. I haven't heard back from western caronlina. I don't think all schools interview for early decision, but I'm not sure. Good luck! Hopefully we hear back soon.

Just received an email from Regis that they would be contacting us by Monday with interview times.

Yup - I applied for Early Decision at UIC, too. It will be interesting to see how they handle it, since this is the first year they are implementing this option. Letters will go out by the end of the month.
I have spent the last two years taking pre-req classes full-time - it is daunting to think that in less than 3 weeks I will know if it was all worth it...

Have an interview this friday with Regis!!! Ecstatic...yet incredibly nervous.
It's via Skype which I'm completely unfamiliar with. Any tips?

Congrats! I'm not familiar with using Skype, but I'm sure someone else here has probably used it.

Congrats on the interview eaa05001!

Skype is super easy to use. You'll need a computer with a webcam and microphone. Download the program from their website, set up a username and password, and you're good to go. Your computer needs to have a nice, strong internet connection -- you don't want your video-stream interview to get interrupted!

Good luck!

Do a few Skype calls with friends before your interview date, to get used to it. If it's going to be a video call, look into your webcam as you talk. 99.99% of the people look into the screen instead of the camera, and so the result is that there is no direct eye contact.

Thanks for the advice! I had my first practice skype call with the admissions director and it wasn't too bad. Now, I just have to get the nerves under control. :cool:Good luck to everyone else who has interviews for early admissions this week!! So close to the finish line!!!

anyone else applied usc early decision? 12 more days until the 27th, and im also still in the dark =(

anyone else applied usc early decision? 12 more days until the 27th, and im also still in the dark =(

I did not apply early decision, but I did go to the USC info session today.

According to the chair, they got ~20 ED apps, and they haven't made any decisions yet.

Good luck!

How did the Regis skype interview go?

Well I'm not really sure. It consisted of two interviews with two different faculty members. The first one was a bit shaky (had problems with the camera and internet connection;however, I really connected with the second interviewer and had a great interview with her. I just don't know how it'll be scored overall. I definitely am not partial to skype interviews now. I feel I could have done better in a face-to-face interview and been more at ease. They didn't ask any out of the ordinary questions basically : why pt?, quality a pt should have, situation where you used critical thinking skills, creativity skills, how do you handle group situations..etc.
Now we wait, I guess...

Just got an e-mail from UIC informing me I was accepted via Early Decision for Fall 2012!
So for you folks who might be "older" career-changers like myself, study the pre-reqs and other important information inside and out for where you want to go, seek out the best professors and get to know them a little bit, keep your eyes and ears open for solid observation/work opportunities (and hustle to get them), and keep the faith and ask yourself "Why not me this time?" - it can be done!

Oh, and by the way - thank you to everyone on this forum for your information, support, and general goodness! It was nice to hear from both people who were in the same (application) situation and those who had already made it.

Just got an e-mail from UIC informing me I was accepted via Early Decision for Fall 2012!
So for you folks who might be "older" career-changers like myself, study the pre-reqs and other important information inside and out for where you want to go, seek out the best professors and get to know them a little bit, keep your eyes and ears open for solid observation/work opportunities (and hustle to get them), and keep the faith and ask yourself "Why not me this time?" - it can be done!

Congrats!! :D

PTgt- Looks like we will be classmates! How awesome was getting that acceptance? UIC DPT 2015!! Good luck to the rest of you guys. I hope you get what you all worked so hard to achieve. Thanks for the support, and best wishes!

SingingPT, it felt like I won the PowerBall Lottery, and I have had a permanent smile on my face the past couple of days. I am sure that you (and all PT school candidates) have sacrificed and deferred a lot of things to chase this dream - and now we know it was worth it. Look forward to meeting you on campus!

Congrats to all those that have been accepted!!! All the hard work has paid off! Still waiting to hear from Regis... This is absolute torture. :(

SingingPT, it felt like I won the PowerBall Lottery, and I have had a permanent smile on my face the past couple of days.

Haha, that's a great description. :)

I received my acceptance email this morning to Regis!!! Extremely relieved! All the hard work is finally paying off. Now I just have to focus on graduating and enjoying my last year of freedom. haha

Congratulations, eaa05001! (I admit - I was 100x more nervous during this process than the college admissions process after high school...).
Regis is lucky to have you!

I received my acceptance email this morning to Regis!!! Extremely relieved! All the hard work is finally paying off. Now I just have to focus on graduating and enjoying my last year of freedom. haha

Woohoo!!!! Congrats! And thanks for sharing your interview experience with them. Right now Regis is at the top of my list for when I apply next year. Maybe I'll be seeing you in a couple of years :D

USC CLASS OF 2015!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!... and congrats to all of you who have been accepted!