Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

francium

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just got my first acceptance into one of the Texas schools I applied to! They didn't give me a notification deadline in the letter, but they did send me a form to send in when I'm ready to accept their offer. Would it be dumb of me to ask when their deadline is? I'm looking forward to also hearing a few more responses from some of my other schools, though I don't know if that will be too soon.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice? Thanks! I love this forum & the people in it! ^_^

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If it was early decision, I thought it was binding, like you had to go if you applied ED to a school. At least that's what I interpreted from the PTCAS's website, which could explain the no deadline thing, bc they expect you to go. If you meant you applied regular but was accepted early (bc you sent in your app early, therefore your app was reviewed early and therefore accepted earlier than most pple), then I would call and ask about the deadline.

awesome!! what school did you apply to in Texas?? I'm applying to two schools in Texas...

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas schools don't use PTCAS. So i'm not really sure if getting accepted is binding or not

O, that explains it... I think. Well, you (OP) should prob call them and ask if it was binidng

Congrats :D TWU right? 20 mins after you responded to my thread you got your acceptance, haha :)

Did they post-mail you a letter or was it an e-mail?

@redtegu: Actually it was from UTMB! I am still really excited but would also like to see what the other schools say. ^_^

@DPTHopeful: I actually responded to that in the other thread. :)

Last edited:
Fancium----Congrats on the acceptance and good luck in whatever decision you make. How did you find the process in applying w/ the Apply Texas system??? Did you also apply through PTCAS for their schools or stick w/in Texas?

Fancium----Congrats on the acceptance and good luck in whatever decision you make. How did you find the process in applying w/ the Apply Texas system??? Did you also apply through PTCAS for their schools or stick w/in Texas?

ApplyTexas was really easy, but each school still had their own requirements to be fulfilled with paper: hours logged, recs, etc. And I never used PTCAS, I decided I'd rather live with in-state tuition xD