Early interview -> Nothing yet = ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEC029

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Early interview but still hear nothing back, no rejection, waitlist, or acceptance. :( What does this mean? probably going to call up on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming your interview was early (as in before December) and you still haven't heard...you're probably rejected (sorry). I recall from past experience that a long wait often occurs for rejected people as some schools don't think it to be a priority to inform people about a rejection.

But that isn't always the case. I interviewed at UNLV last year in October and didn't hear from them until mid january when I got a letter telling me I was an alternate. This came over a month after I had called them to withdraw my application.

has maryland send out some more acceptances yet? if yes, then you might be looking at being on the waitlist or rejected. if no, hang in there. call them and see what's going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Early interview but still hear nothing back, no rejection, waitlist, or acceptance. :( What does this mean? probably going to call up on Tuesday.

Because you heard nothing, it means nothing. They're probably still reviewing your application. I would call or e-mail to show your interest and love for the school, but other than that, try to relax and focus on other things for now. It isn't over til its over!

i am in the same boat as the OP. Two of the schools I interviewed in August and one in October. One says I cannot contact them about my status until after Jan., and the other school says that I am still under active consideration. The third school has not contacted me at all after the interview. So I am looking at rejections at all three schools at this point. I was basically told it depended on how fast the class fills up at each respective school. So at this point, IT'S ALL UP TO LUCK, FATE, HIGHER FORCES, etc...:rolleyes:

Assuming your interview was early (as in before December) and you still haven't heard...you're probably rejected (sorry). I recall from past experience that a long wait often occurs for rejected people as some schools don't think it to be a priority to inform people about a rejection.

But that isn't always the case. I interviewed at UNLV last year in October and didn't hear from them until mid january when I got a letter telling me I was an alternate. This came over a month after I had called them to withdraw my application.

This is definitely NOT the case at Maryland. Many of my classmates interviewed before Dec. 1st and weren't notified of their acceptance until later in the cycle.

Hang in there man! I waited until June last year until I got a :thumbup: call from Maryland!!

jb!:)

This is definitely NOT the case at Maryland. Many of my classmates interviewed before Dec. 1st and weren't notified of their acceptance until later in the cycle.

Hang in there man! I waited until June last year until I got a :thumbup: call from Maryland!!

jb!:)

Yeah, I will admit I don't know the process at east coast schools as well as most of my friends are west coasters.

thanks guys

and this is what they said "Your file is still very active but the Admissions Committee have not made a decision. Once a decision is made we will be in contact."

ehh... nothing special. but not rejected yet so

thanks guys

and this is what they said "Your file is still very active but the Admissions Committee have not made a decision. Once a decision is made we will be in contact."

ehh... nothing special. but not rejected yet so

lol...I got the same EXACT response from Houston.