early interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can enlighten me on this subject, but is it really all that helpful to have an early interview date when applying? I mean if most schools adcoms don't even meet until late Nov/early Dec, wouldn't it be better to interview closer to that time to stay fresh in the minds of your interviewers?

Members don't see this ad.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Apply as early as possible. The decision will be made way before the deadline but it will only be released Dec. 1st. Plus you can never predict when the schools will offer you the interview. So apply as early as possible

Hey speter... I'll definitely be applying as early as possible, but I think some schools don't meet until close to the Dec 1st deadline. UNC's adcom didn't meet until Dec 3rd this past year, unless they had previous meetings I wasn't aware of.

Do schools meet periodically until the Dec 1st deadline or have one big selection meeting near the deadline? Or does it just depend on the school?

Originally posted by speter33
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Apply as early as possible. The decision will be made way before the deadline but it will only be released Dec. 1st. Plus you can never predict when the schools will offer you the interview. So apply as early as possible

Not true for UNC. Decisions are made on Dec 3 and then in the admissions committee meeting in the spring and that is it.

Hey JB I got your PM i will return it tomorrow (Wed) as I am getting tired now!