early interviews

JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
    Maybe someone can enlighten me on this subject, but is it really all that helpful to have an early interview date when applying? I mean if most schools adcoms don't even meet until late Nov/early Dec, wouldn't it be better to interview closer to that time to stay fresh in the minds of your interviewers?

speter33

S.D.N.'s Captain
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 5, 2003
    NYC
      NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Apply as early as possible. The decision will be made way before the deadline but it will only be released Dec. 1st. Plus you can never predict when the schools will offer you the interview. So apply as early as possible

JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 19, 2003
        Hey speter... I'll definitely be applying as early as possible, but I think some schools don't meet until close to the Dec 1st deadline. UNC's adcom didn't meet until Dec 3rd this past year, unless they had previous meetings I wasn't aware of.

Do schools meet periodically until the Dec 1st deadline or have one big selection meeting near the deadline? Or does it just depend on the school?

DcS

damn the red baron
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Apr 9, 2002
          Originally posted by speter33
          NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Apply as early as possible. The decision will be made way before the deadline but it will only be released Dec. 1st. Plus you can never predict when the schools will offer you the interview. So apply as early as possible

Not true for UNC. Decisions are made on Dec 3 and then in the admissions committee meeting in the spring and that is it.

Hey JB I got your PM i will return it tomorrow (Wed) as I am getting tired now!

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.