Early Job Offer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not finding this on search.

I'm just starting the final year. I have a decent CV ready. Read through EMRA timelines and talked to the exiting 3rd yrs. I'd like to start applying early and making connections well ahead of ACEP. What happens if I hit it off with a company and they make me an offer well before other interviews? The ideal scenario would be to have multiple offers to compare/leverage and then pick one. If I get an early offer at a great place, I'd hate to lose it while waiting for others or get screwed on compensation/benefits because I don't have anything to compare it to.

Any advice on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Most jobs that offer a position early understand the process. We interview applicants at various times and sometimes quite early. We encourage them to interview other places after us so that they can make an informed decision that's best for them. Any place that tries to pressure into accepting a job on the spot (while you're still in residency) is probably not where you want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm not finding this on search.

I'm just starting the final year. I have a decent CV ready. Read through EMRA timelines and talked to the exiting 3rd yrs. I'd like to start applying early and making connections well ahead of ACEP. What happens if I hit it off with a company and they make me an offer well before other interviews? The ideal scenario would be to have multiple offers to compare/leverage and then pick one. If I get an early offer at a great place, I'd hate to lose it while waiting for others or get screwed on compensation/benefits because I don't have anything to compare it to.

Any advice on this?

You're just a warm body to the majority of places. It's sad but true. Beyond that, it's all a numbers game.