Early LOR

Started by mcclesm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mcclesm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am a non-trad looking to apply to med school in 2009. I'm currently active duty Air Force and just returned from Iraq. I worked a lot with an Army Colonel M.D. who I think could write a great LOR for me. Can I ask for one this early and hold on to it until 2009 when I apply, or does he have to send it in himself? If that's the case it probably isn't worth asking...
Thanks!
 
Hello,
I am a non-trad looking to apply to med school in 2009. I'm currently active duty Air Force and just returned from Iraq. I worked a lot with an Army Colonel M.D. who I think could write a great LOR for me. Can I ask for one this early and hold on to it until 2009 when I apply, or does he have to send it in himself? If that's the case it probably isn't worth asking...
Thanks!

Set up an Interfolio account from the web. Have your ref. send the letter confidentially to Interfolio, and you could "resend" it whenever you want.