Early outlook for Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sammaydaymalone

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All

Just wanted to get some input on my chances for anesthesia at the moment. Currently an M2 at state MD School that does have pre-clinical grades. Unfortunately I received two C's in my first semester(biochem and anatomy) due to difficulty adjusting to the rigor along with the isolation of COVID year. Been much more solid since, but in all reality will likely finish pre-clinical below a 3.0 GPA. With Step1 now pass/fail for us I was wondering what you thought the outlook was for matching anesthesia in the future. I do have a good mentor in the field along with some solid research.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on where you want to go. In your case, step 2 and clinical evaluations will be very important. I would also consider some Uni Affiliate programs, some are quite good.Too early to worry about major uni programs.Acouple Cs early on is not lethal. Keep improving, don't get any red flags, course or rotation failures. Play the match game well, apply to.a.couple reach programs, and a couple backups. Audition at your first choice or program that you are competitive. Show up early, stay late, ask to help, get along with everyone. It's still early and you have several upcoming opportunities to improve your chances. Good luck and best wishes!