early TMDSAS application ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamtony

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi first time applicant and had some confusing questions to ask about the TMDSAS.

I see that early for the aadsas is considered appx the month of June but since the tmdsas is opening tomorrow, May 18, what would most of you guys consider early for that?

I hope you don't mind answering my personal situation: TMDSAS slipped my mind (yes shame on me:() and I scheduled to take the DAT on June 1 for the first time thinking that I would be in the clear to apply early/ slightly early for dental school(AADSAS) and immediately after realized my mistake.

Can I apply now as well as send it in so that I can send in all my other information such as transcripts and letters with it or does the application require your DAT score on it before you send it in?

I've heard that if they see on your application something like how you will be retaking the DAT they will just "push aside" your app. until they receive your new score, is this true? Would that be the case for me or do they atleast go through the transcript verification and all the extra stuff they do?

Thanks anyone who answers:)

Members don't see this ad.

Get everything ready to the point you can hit submit as soon as you get your results on June 1st. I do believe you can still submit without you DAT score, but if you're sincerely ready minus those scores only then just submit it all as you get home from the testing center.

Get everything ready to the point you can hit submit as soon as you get your results on June 1st. I do believe you can still submit without you DAT score, but if you're sincerely ready minus those scores only then just submit it all as you get home from the testing center.

i think QUALITY tops everything. i'd make sure that i'm ready to take the DAT, my app is perfect before i would take the DAT/click submit. June 1st is still considered early, in my pov.

you can submit your application before taking the DAT. i've heard some schools don't even look at your DAT score before considering you for an interview invitation. i'm not sure if this is true though.

i took my DAT on July 28th last year... and submitted my application 2 weeks before that? and i still received 2 TX interviews! i think i didn't receive the 3rd interview because i wasn't a science major? i even got rejected from the 3rd TX school in April. lol.